Default Spark Plug taper

Could someone tell me what degrees the tamper is on a 2.3 spark plug. Wanted to move location of plugs and want to get the right taper on redrill. Robert

There are gauges available to measure that. But just about any machine shop should have a comparator or shadow graph that can get that number for you. If you cant do that I will try to find a old 2.3 plug this weekend and measure it when I get to work on Monday for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertms View Post
    Could someone tell me what degrees the tamper is on a 2.3 spark plug. Wanted to move location of plugs and want to get the right taper on redrill. Robert
    will be much easier to get rid of the taper seat and go to a gasketed seat. http://www.timesert.com/images/spark...erClean001.jpg
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Robert...... please let us know how the 're-drill' on the plug holes comes out for you. That has always been one of my BIG gripes on the 2.0/2.3/2.5 Ford engine heads! The doggone spark plug should be pointed at the exhaust valve! The Ford engineers must have been on a lunch break when the secretary in the front office dictated plug location on those engines! -84Dave-

Thanks for the replies. Working on aftermarker cast iron head. In order to cut the head enough to get the cc's like I want them I will have to move the plugs. I have a head that has a lot of work already done to it so I will have to get a new core and try. These heads must have been made for a turbo. Rules won't let me run dome pistons so the only way to get compression up is to cut cut cut. Dave I want to move at least to center of exhaust and intake valve if I can. Thanks again guys. Robert

I took one and plugged and moved them. Just mock the taper off the spark plug if you're turning a slug to plug the hole.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?