Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SKYLARK The Ultimate IMCA Stock Car

A buddy said he would give me a car; so here we go. What are friends for!
    Last edited by DaveBauerSS6; 12-16-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Got going on the torch work, plasma trigger on order for 2 weeks, great timing!

How do I down size the pic? Tried reducing the size on Photobucket, but it still comes up large. The large pic pi$$es me off!

As you can see in the background there is a Metric car and she isn't happy about the attention going to the Skylark!
    Got a place started for the fuel cell. Havent decided on where to mount the fuel cell, left or right. Any good reasons where???
    Last edited by DaveBauerSS6; 12-17-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Công ty HoÃ(not a nice word)ng gia chuyên l?p d?t camera quan sát chúc b?n bán d?t hÃ(not a nice word)ngU

No car for the class; hobby stock by our rules here. No jacks, dot tires, but you can run a aluminum body, etc. Where is the video or pay for view ??

A leaf finished 2nd in the main on Sat Nova to Boot

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby Racr View Post
    A leaf finished 2nd in the main on Sat Nova to Boot
    Yes, the 2012 Bako champion Nova hobby ran 2nd on our entry, but Linny White, our buddy from Perris Super Stock days swept the show, grats to both

Quote Originally Posted by hogracer3d View Post
    Yes, the 2012 Bako champion Nova hobby ran 2nd on our entry, but Linny White, our buddy from Perris Super Stock days swept the show, grats to both
    What kind of car dose Linny run?

Just adding my $.02 here. At one of My local tracks here there is a guy that runs a 70s Camero, He usually doesn't do to well when there's moisture on the track, but seeing as how we're in Texas it's usually pretty dry slick almost all the time. Any way on a dry track this car is a rocket. This year he went on a 10 straight win streak. Out of a field full of metrics. I'm not that saying because its a leaf car is why he's winning I'm just saying that with the right driver and the right parts dang near anything can be fast. It just depends on what suits your driving style and what you have the most knowledge on. Personally I'll stick to a Metric because that's what I've learned on and I have the most knowledge about them and what to do to it to make it do what I want.

-Robert

Front bars taking shape.
    Gator Engineering

Cage in place, plenty of room for the larger driver. Looks like a 13.25" window opening. Buick was pretty generous.

FYI Ive built the A down bars both with the one piece curve and 2 piece joint at the dash bar. I went with the one piece to fit the roof a pillar better. I think the 2 piece is stronger, but this car is for me.
    Last edited by DaveBauerSS6; 12-23-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    Gator Engineering

Default rear

Got the rear bars in. the car can hold it self up now. Wanted to run screw shackles on the rear, but after a talk with IMCA, I will just run the regular shackles. Too much trouble to accommodate them (IMCA).
    The two bars running parallel and over the rear end is for lead .
    Last edited by DaveBauerSS6; 12-23-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    Gator Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    No sub frame connectors? The cage is just going to sit on that tube on the rockers?
    If you mean a 2 x 2 under the pan from the rear of the clip to the leaf spring bucket area; no.
    I dont believe they help any. The two rear tail bolts thru the clip to the pan are still used. I have removed the rockers before, but they are very strong and running the length of the car, ties the front and back well. Half the leaf spring bucket is supported by the rocker. Its worked in the past with no flex that I could see. I paint all my chassis silver to see any indications of flex. I do have a few more bars to install. I get bored in one area and skip to another.
    Last edited by DaveBauerSS6; 12-23-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    Gator Engineering

Default SCD wins in a NOVA.

No sub frame connectors? The cage is just going to sit on that tube on the rockers?
    LOL Just noticed that you and I share the same history. We both got our first wins in a Nova. LOL!!
    Gator Engineering

Here is my nova sub frame and cage connection from 2004 when I built that car.

Here is the front leaf mount I made which uses the oem front spring cup and oem location for all the mounts.

After the verbal/ mental sparing with IMCA I think I can run the stock pan and be good. No doubt, what you built is stronger. I just don't want a issue with the obvious. I always believe "give them what they want to see" .

I must have miss read your Bio on one of the sites.
    Gator Engineering

Shocks mounted on the uppers on a Nova, that's a first. Always the safest place.
    Gator Engineering

Jeff.. was this a IMCA Nova??
    Gator Engineering

I cut my frame off about the same place a metric is allowed to and this was my rear upper shackle mount.

By Imca rules you can cut out the entire floor, rockers etc.

Love the idea. Bill (?) IMCA said no altering the rear clip area including the shackle hole in frame. His Offer was to cut a hole thru the frame and the bushing hole and run the screw thru them. All dimensions would be off , so I''l just go with stock shackles. I added that over rail to support the stock rear clip.
    Gator Engineering

yes IMCA dirt track car. 2004. I thought I was gonna prove to everyone that leaf cars were better than coil cars!
    They say history repeats itself. LOL
    Looks like the enforcement of the rules is different now. I knew there was a problem when he said " isn't a Nova a uni-body? "; it went down hill from there.
    BUT, that's why I like IMCA, stick to whats the rule and hold.
    Gator Engineering