Default Steel swage tube strength?

I had a problem last year with breaking front speedway brand swage tubes. Are the afcos or allstar brands any stronger? I know afco is owned by speedway but didn't know if there was a difference. I'm 100% sure the problem was from playing bumper cars "LOL" so I just need some input. Also what brand inner tierod is everyone using.

I build DOM tubes they will not brake like the swedge tube .I have sizes 4 1/2 - 18'' long instock and can make custom tubes aswell . MADE IN THE U.S.A tubing .

Whats the price on two 11" bars.

swedge tubes are weaker by design. they heat the metal up once it's at temp. they put it in a press with a die and mandral to press it in to the size and shape. after that it goes to a threading operation. 9 times out of ten they break right behind the heated area. now you throw in the speedway/afco tubes are being made in china with cheap metal. I like many other's build and sell parts to local racers as well as racers online across the country and some overseas.

performance advantage
    colchester il. 62326
    Last edited by racin6mod; 12-25-2012 at 09:05 AM.

I'm slowly learning you save 3 or 4 bucks here and there and its costing me a TON more in the long run. Especially considering every time something breaks or fails I have to by it again.

Quote Originally Posted by jsf74 View Post
    I'm slowly learning you save 3 or 4 bucks here and there and its costing me a TON more in the long run. Especially considering every time something breaks or fails I have to by it again.
    I think the big loss would be when you are battling for the lead and one breaks. That $3-4 part just cost u 200-500

You are right about playing "bumper cars" , never underestamate any contact.
    one idea is better have it break the first weak link, then deeper into the car.
    You can build your own out of 3/4 dom steering tubing, 5/8 tap drill, LH &RH fine thread taps.

Battling for the lead that's funny. I'm just trying to run mid pack for now.

I use chrome moly tubes

I use the chromoly rods from Day Motorsports , they have lived through some pretty heavy contact.

The swedge tubes from performance bodies are good. Dont use swedge tubes on a pullbar, they will break and hurt you. Especially on long pullbars.Use the 3/16 wall tap tube.

Broke a tube on a pullbar once.......wow was that costly!

Throw away swedge tube.