Default Cordless Impact???

Is a Dewalt, 18 volt cordless impact dw059k-2 model number 300 ft lbs of torque sufficient for use on a hobby stock to tighten lug nuts?

Yep, I got one and have used it for last two seasons with no problems.

Dave.

Ive had one from Northern Tool and Equipent,had it for 5 or 6 years,still works great.Only paid 100 bucks for it

had one, work well, traded it for used snapon. it quit on me now have matco. matco has much more power than dewalt, probably more than one needs and it cost much more.

Love my Dewalt

Milwaukee with red lithium battery, half the weight and more power than the dewalt

I love this impact....good power and battery life. I don't use my air impact much anymore. I used mine to rotate my tires on my F250 and it did all 32 lugs (they are torqued to 120 #) on and off with no problems and still had battery to do the 4 tires on the race car and more. I highly recommend this impact.

Default kobalt

i have a tire shop..i use the kobalt ,a charged battery last all week, also has varible speed cost $270 new at lowes.. best i ever used

what ever you buy the lithium battery is the only way to go. the gun seems to have the same output all the time, wheather the batterys low or fully charged.

I usually don't buy from Horrible Freight but last year I had a coupon for their chi-com 1/2"impact... total cost was $59.00.

As usual I was disappointed in it's performance... charged it for 12 hours before I used it and it wouldn't do 10 lug nuts before it died. But the more I used it the longer the battery life seems to have gotten. Still not as good as a name brand but the price was right...

Now I'm about to try out the two Milwaukee impact drivers my bride bought me for Christmas... a 12 volt and an 18 volt. She must still love me...

I drank the kool-aide and got a Longacre impact gun. It's pretty good. I've had it for about 2 years now and I use if for a lot of stuff. I can usually charge it and use it all week to include removing and mounting wheels on the car two or three times before it needs a charge.

You can get a deal at some of the race auctions where you get two guns, two or three batteries and chargers for $395. That's about $40 off regular price and you have a backup gun. They're about the same price or a little less than the Dewalt and just as good. I also don't like the "rocker" switch on the Dewalt. I still prefer the cross bar style to forward/reverse. My only complaint is the rubber grib tends to come loose on the front so you have to tape it if it gets irritating.
    Last edited by merc123; 12-28-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Snappy here. Best tool I ever bought!