Default Please recommend cam for 383

Need a solid flat tappet cam reccomendtion for a ump mod. 3/8 high bank dry slick. 7000 rpm max
    Scat cast crank hence the 7000 max rpm.
    Procomp 6" rod
    Keith black 11.75 hyper pistons
    Brodix track 1 heads cnc
    Gas or e85 nit sure yet
    Edelbrock 2925 intake

If you need any more info let me know. I am NOT going to run a roller this year so that is out if the question. Im not looking to make max hp but would rather have something a little less radical in trade off for reliability.

This should get you close .575-.600 lift 254/258@.050 on a 106 installed at 102 ICL
    Josh K.

Buy a roller and get some reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by perfconn View Post
    Buy a roller and get some reliability.
    no point in worrying about how reliable your cam is when you are running a cast crank and KB pistons. i'd get the cheapest cam possible because most likely it will break when the motor blows.

Elgin 1090p. Good CHEAP cam because Stock car is right......especially the pistons.

That Elgin cam works very well too.

I guess I didn't realize the kb hypers were such a bad choice? I was going to get the incons which are also made by kb but there have been a ton of problems with those.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    no point in worrying about how reliable your cam is when you are running a cast crank and KB pistons. i'd get the cheapest cam possible because most likely it will break when the motor blows.
    I honestly cant beleive someone would attempt to run those bottom end components with ported aluminum heads, that is a 350 hp street car bottom end running at 500 hp with those heads

Those pistons are heavy and wouldn't expect it to be a long lived motor. Run some lighter pistons and you'll be fine. I've ran cast crank with sir rods and srp pistons for several years at 7200..

I will look into changing pistons I guess. I would rather swap these before a problem arises. Any budget friendly srp or other piston you would recommend?

Mahle Power Pak are decent, Srp Professional series, and Wiseco's with GFX ring pack are nice light weight designs with thin rings.
    Josh K.