Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Upper ball joint under a arm

I mount the ball joint under the control arm for the simple fact of changing a bent control arm with out having to beat on the spindle to get the ball joint out. As long as the ball joint isnt bent which usually werent in my cases cuz of the junk IMCA upper a arm is junk this works out pretty good. Ball joint plate on the control arm isnt thick enough for the abuse we put them under.

All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame. OEM rubber A-frame bushings only. OEM or OEM replacement ball joints allowed. No rebuildable ball joints. No sway bars, spring spacers, chains or cables. Exceptions are: for 1978-1987 GM mid-sized metric frame, OEM upper A-frame may be replaced using aftermarket upper A-frame (steel or aluminum cross shaft allowed), must display “IMCA approved” decal on top of rear tube of A-frame; bolt on spindle savers allowed. Upper A-frame mount must remain OEM and cannot be moved.

Right from my Officials IMCA rule book. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by C10 View Post
    All components and mounts must be steel, unaltered OEM, in OEM location and match frame. OEM rubber A-frame bushings only. OEM or OEM replacement ball joints allowed. No rebuildable ball joints. No sway bars, spring spacers, chains or cables. Exceptions are: for 1978-1987 GM mid-sized metric frame, OEM upper A-frame may be replaced using aftermarket upper A-frame (steel or aluminum cross shaft allowed), must display “IMCA approved” decal on top of rear tube of A-frame; bolt on spindle savers allowed. Upper A-frame mount must remain OEM and cannot be moved.

Right from my Officials IMCA rule book. Just sayin
    those are hobby stock rules not stockcar.
    either way, i'm sure imca would have no problem with a racer reinforcing a weak spec part to make it last longer and save some money right? after all they are "the home of affordable racing"

That is correct, but the OP is inquiring on a hobby stock.

Default shims

Would the shims from Metalwerx still be needed if running aftermarket UCA with camaro spindles on stock metric LCA?