Default what is the best shock package out there???

Looking for the best out of the box shock package for my modified,,, would like some input on what some of you are running...

BSB Manufacturing - Great shocks and very helpful support.
    http://www.bsb-mfg.com/

What's your budget?

http://www.tsmenhanced.net Give them a call. lots of Arizona guys running these

Quote Originally Posted by jsf74 View Post
    What's your budget?

what do you have in mind??? looking for the best bang for the buck..

Quote Originally Posted by ump29 View Post
    what do you have in mind??? looking for the best bang for the buck..
    I've switched to DSR shocks this year and have really been happy with them. If you're looking for affordable and front running shocks check out Dylan Smith Racing shocks. Speedway now sells their 9 shock package and sell their package shocks one by one if you only want a certain set for a track condition.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedw...age,58920.html

Or if you would like to order straight from DSR call Dylan to work out a package suited for your needs.

Dylan Smith- 402 366 1334

It's not a package really but I run Genesis double adjustable shocks on my mod. I've worked a lot with my chassis builder with them and I'm pleased with them

Quote Originally Posted by TCmod View Post
    I've switched to DSR shocks this year and have really been happy with them. If you're looking for affordable and front running shocks check out Dylan Smith Racing shocks. Speedway now sells their 9 shock package and sell their package shocks one by one if you only want a certain set for a track condition.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedw...age,58920.html

Or if you would like to order straight from DSR call Dylan to work out a package suited for your needs.

Dylan Smith- 402 366 1334
    Those are nothing special, just bilsteins. All depends on your budget. Depending on your rules I would go with Bilstein SNS Series shocks, you can easily get a custom set done and adjust them to track conditions with the schrader valve.
    CLICK HERE to see how you can win a turn key Rocket XR1!

Quote Originally Posted by B r a n d o n View Post
    Those are nothing special, just bilsteins. All depends on your budget. Depending on your rules I would go with Bilstein SNS Series shocks, you can easily get a custom set done and adjust them to track conditions with the schrader valve.
    Well "nothing special" is still capable of winning races and national championships affordably apparently. He wanted opinions on shock packages. Don't try and knock down someone elses product out of immaturity.

It all depends on your budget. You can't go wrong with a set of Integra Twin Tubes if you are tight on money. Those paired with a couple left rear gas shocks will get the job done. Builder preference, Integra stuff- CPD Racing Tools/Denny Fuller... Afco/Bilstein- Wade Cross FX Suspension.
    Curious that we spend more time congratulating people who have succeeded than encouraging people who have not.

Quote Originally Posted by TCmod View Post
    Well "nothing special" is still capable of winning races and national championships affordably apparently. He wanted opinions on shock packages. Don't try and knock down someone elses product out of immaturity.
    Wasnt knocking anyone down with immaturity. Those are custom valved Bilsteins. It's all about brand preference and who can work with you on getting you the right setup for your ride and driving style. Almost all shocks are the same gas or oil, it's all about tuning them to work for you. Bulbed shocks offer more performance than standard shocks.

Shock package is a joke.

Work with a shock builder directly for what fits you, your car and your tracks. What I need for shocks for my driver/car/track is different than my neighbor needs.

Find a builder you are comfortable with and sit down and talk. Don't look for a "package" look for a person. They should ask were you race, driving style, chassis, engine, trailbraker, what you expect and more.....before ever pricing you a shock. Anyone that reaches on the shelf without asking these questions and hands you 6 or 9 or 20 shocks and tells you "this is what you need, now go be fast" is a salesman.

Packages are a marketing ploy. Buy what you need, not what they tell you you need.

JMO,
    SPark

Quote Originally Posted by LM14 View Post
    Shock package is a joke.

Work with a shock builder directly for what fits you, your car and your tracks. What I need for shocks for my driver/car/track is different than my neighbor needs.

Find a builder you are comfortable with and sit down and talk. Don't look for a "package" look for a person. They should ask were you race, driving style, chassis, engine, trailbraker, what you expect and more.....before ever pricing you a shock. Anyone that reaches on the shelf without asking these questions and hands you 6 or 9 or 20 shocks and tells you "this is what you need, now go be fast" is a salesman.

Packages are a marketing ploy. Buy what you need, not what they tell you you need.

JMO,
    SPark
    100% agree.

Establish your budget and make some calls.

Default thanks!!!!

Thanks for all the input.. i ordered a set friday... talked to a very nice and helpful guy at bilstein.. he hooked me up with a set up of custom valved shocks. seemed very knowledgable about the openwheels...and took alot of time out of his day to help me understand why and when to run a perticular shock... hopefully i made the right choice.. but only time will tell... thanks. .again...

Default !

Quote Originally Posted by ump29 View Post
    Thanks for all the input.. i ordered a set friday... talked to a very nice and helpful guy at bilstein.. he hooked me up with a set up of custom valved shocks. seemed very knowledgable about the openwheels...and took alot of time out of his day to help me understand why and when to run a perticular shock... hopefully i made the right choice.. but only time will tell... thanks. .again...
    Sounds like to me you made a good decision. All of the guys at bilstein are great. And also sounds like you made a good brand selection. Just ask your 2012 UMP champ he was on Bilsteins all season.