Thread: Rocker rule???

Default Rocker rule???

1. Must be same as corporate manufacture. GM to GM, Ford to Ford.
    2. SHORT BLOCK: A. Block - Must be stock or OEM replacement. B. Engine Displacement - Bore can be up to 4.165. Maximum cubic inch displacement 410. C. Components - 1. Pistons: Can be forged aluminum. Rod: No aluminum or titanium rods. Must be steel connecting rod. 3. Crankshafts: Stock or OEM replacement.
    3. HEAD: Cast iron straight sparkplug, stock valve angle (23 degree Chevy) intake runner height and exhaust bolt pattern. Angle plugs permitted on 360 cubic inch or less. OEM or replacement heads. Steel or stainless steel valves only.
    4. ROCKER ARMS: OEM stamped steel or roller type only (see weight addition below for use of roller rockers). NO shaft type. Yella Terra brand rockers permitted.
    5. CAMS: Hydraulic or solid flat tappet lifters only. Standard shape. No rollers. No billet camshafts. No belt drive timing systems. Maximum lift 550.
    6. MANIFOLDS: Exhaust - No coating or cutting. Must retain factory stock exhaust flange. No new style Corvette or truck manifolds. Cast iron manifold only - no steel or stainless steel. 2 1/2” exhaust tubing from manifold to exit end. Tubing may be oval shape for clearance. Pipes MAY NOT be connected by equalizer tube or by crossing. Pipes must exit to right side of car in front of right rear wheel. No flex pipe.
    7. INTAKE: Cast iron intakes only. Dual plane Intake: Plenum may be cut where center divider remains. Divider can be no lower than .500” below top surface of intake.
    8. DISTRIBUTOR: HEI type with stock appearing cap and coil only. Aftermarket modules allowed. Rev limiter module may be required for special conditions and cars not meeting specifications. Distributor and coil must remain as one unit. No remote coils. No ignition boxes.

Its the Yella Terra rule that concerns me. I have never seen a none shaft yella. We have to add 50# to run a roller rocker. My cam is .550 lift. We also have a gear rule keeping rpms down. Fast guys was still running the coated stamped last year. As was we. We never finished lower than 4th the whole season. Lost championship by 1 point. At 600+ dollars and the added weight I dont see it being worth it. Very surprised to even see the new rule! What y'all think? Would they be worth it?

They state "NO shaft rockers" and follow it with "Yella Terra brand rockers permitted". Grrrr! lol

These are not shaft mounted, they are pedastal mounts .

http://www.yellaterra.com.au/product...goryIdentity=4

these would be considered shaft mount

http://www.yellaterra.com.au/product...goryIdentity=4

http://www.jesel.com/innovation/rockers/proseries.html

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I would go with the roller rockers. For one 50 lbs on a circle track car isn't much and could be used to improve percentages if there not already. I would rather have a quality rocker with a consistant ratio, that will last for along time, and you can add valve motion by increasing the rocker ratio, (1.7-1.8) When dealing with low lift nrules, area under the curve can pick up some power, get the valve off the seat quickly and get the port flowing. Get in contact with a cam company and see what they can do for you. Don't be afraid to call a smaller cam company as these companies will usually take the time to listen to what you have and want to do instead of just selling you parts.
    Josh K.

Our percentages are controlled by rules as well.

BTW this is an asphalt car. I can get away with the Magnum roller tip rockers with no weight penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by racer69 View Post
    Our percentages are controlled by rules as well.

BTW this is an asphalt car. I can get away with the Magnum roller tip rockers with no weight penalty.

What is the weight rule and your cars weight? Where do you have to place this extra weight? What ratio rockers do you run now? Is there a ratio rule? I still think the right cam with high ratio rockers would make a bit more power, be abit more reliable and the 50lbs isn't much of a penalty.
    Josh K.

56% left and 46% rear.(we run a lot of cross!!! lol)

I think with the latest additions/deductions my car will be at 3250.

We have 2 cam choices. a .450 lift or under hydro for a 50# deduction. or up to .550 lift solid non roller. I have my cam setup perfect. Using a 1.5/1.6 split set. My dyno numbers are amazing so I dont want to screw with the cam at all. I run shaft mounts on my modified and basically wonder if the yella terra rockers are worth the cost and weight compared to what works fine now.

I really dont understand why they would specify that brand. I as I typed that I wondered if maybe our engine tech guy isn't selling them? Kinda his style! hmmm! He sells us a cam specifically for the Kimmel FKSSN cars.

What rpms do you turn? How long do the stamped rockers last now? No offense but it almost seems like you had your mind made up before you came here.
    Josh K.