Default Drive shaft help

Can some one help me with drive shaft length I have a mustang I changed the trans to a T5 now the drive shaft is to long. the measurement from the rear of trans to the flange on the rear is 48 1/2. I will have to get it cut but I need to know how much to tell them anyone running the T5

thanks for any help

in my mod mini i run the aluminum 44 inch driveshaft you can get from speedway and they go ahole lot shorter also. Check into speedwaymotors.com for driveshafts ect, hope i was some help

Are you running T5 trans what throw out bearing is everyone using with the T5 I have the longer ball but looks like I will need a different bearing. the one I was using will not work the shaft on the trans is bigger

thanks for any help
    Last edited by lazer16; 01-07-2013 at 05:58 PM.

If your running the standard clutch-pressure plate-flywheel as the t5 u will be fine on that throw out bearing. and if it doesnt work on the shaft i normally order 1 from the local auto parts store for a ranger transmission itll be bigger

My factory driveshaft from a 84 turbo gt is 45-1/2" long.

Quote Originally Posted by lazer16 View Post
    Can some one help me with drive shaft length I have a mustang I changed the trans to a T5 now the drive shaft is to long. the measurement from the rear of trans to the flange on the rear is 48 1/2. I will have to get it cut but I need to know how much to tell them anyone running the T5

thanks for any help
    Look at this You tube video as to how to measure for the correct length. Also you can do a search for HOW TO MEASURE DRIVE SHAFT LENGTH. Then you can measure what you have to see if it will work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GrHNps-sDY

Bill