Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default who has best carbs out these days

who has the best carbs out now for 358 steel head limited car. can spend $1500. want it light also. looking for brand new. i dont know what size is best looking to get up w a great company who is knowledgeable . been using blake but he hasn offered any lightening of them and just looking to get a real trick carb that performs also. thanks

Doesn't hurt to ask but all your going to get is various personal opinions.

Stealth Carbs (Tony Smith), 423-339-2272. Best carb I've ever had.

Super nice guy. Spent about 45 minutes on the phone with him and he answered every question I had and from what I can tell was honest.

He is difficult to get a hold of and occasionally it's easier to e-mail (it's on the answering machine). Tons of knowledge and makes a great carb.

KB carbs works great on all our motors. great pricing , knowledge

do any of these offer a alum. mainbody metering plate and bowls? has anyone ran a all alum carb that also made power and wasn a pain. on gas

Quote Originally Posted by andy16 View Post
    do any of these offer a alum. mainbody metering plate and bowls? has anyone ran a all alum carb that also made power and wasn a pain. on gas
    Yes. JDR 417-859-2353. Easy to reach. As far as I know the others mentioned have their versions too. Best to call and talk to all of them.
    Last edited by 50j; 12-08-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Get ahold of Baker Carburation He's has an outlaw carburator thats all alum. The guy has worked with some of the best in the business from local racers to Nascar.

Pro System Carbs......

Quote Originally Posted by andy16 View Post

Stealth does. Call or email him and ask him your questions.

steve baker @ baker carbs.

stay away from baker unless u have a spare to run untill he gets yous stuff done unless your a professonal it takes him for ever he wants nothing to do with the local guy call up braswell now thats a real company nice guys who can get stuff done and not as high priced as you would think its worth a phone call jmo!

If I was in the market for a new carb, I'd ask an engine builder which carb produces the best fuel curve thru out the rpm range you are looking to run.

I've got a Willy's that I've been pleased with.

When my engine was freshened this year my builder ran my standard hp 4150 Holley 750 cfm against a couple reworked aftermarket guys carbs and we found no benifit at all on the engine dyno. All we did was rejet it to the engine. With a chassis dyno you might find some HP with other carbs. jmho

KB is who we use... Call Karsten, he's good people...

I can't claim they're the best because I haven't tried them all but JDR has been great for us and I have no reason to try anything else.
    For whatever reason, it seems like there are a lot of good people in the carb business.

Carbs are like chassis.....most can be fast and perfect. Choose one whos builder will help YOU! That will be more important. My last carb was a brand that is said to be junk. After my local(also my crew chief) guy set it up, it worked flawless for 2 years! Some are better than others but none are "magic".

Stealth carbs and Tony is A1 to talk to !!

JDR is a great carb guy, I have had his suff on my cars for the last 7 years and from 358 spec to 430 open motor they have all ran flawlessly. Great customer support, superior knowledge and i guarntee if you ever need anything it will get done.

JR

Quote Originally Posted by gatorade View Post
    JDR is a great carb guy, I have had his suff on my cars for the last 7 years and from 358 spec to 430 open motor they have all ran flawlessly. Great customer support, superior knowledge and i guarntee if you ever need anything it will get done.

JR
    I will add that I called John (JDR) with an issue on a Saturday just as we were loading up to head to the track. He gave me a recommendation which I tried and it worked for me. He actually called me back about an hour later to make sure everything worked out for us. THAT'S customer service.

Default Carbs

Kinetic Performance in Ithaca, NY. Dayton knows his stuff and his customer service is also second to none. Ive used KP for 6 years now with only one problem and that basically was my fault for not using a good filter in a pinch! Kinetic Performance all the way!!!