Thread: Cylinder head

Default Cylinder head

Hello all. as most of you know i inquired a 2.3 8 plug engine with the computer required 8 plug junk cylinder head. I recently purchased a standard 4 plug head. Non computer required head. Still didnt reliaze that my block doesnt have the spot for the distribtor at all. Well since im doing away with the 8 plug head the way i figure im going to put the 4 plug head on this engine with big cam ect and Have a fairably decent fast rookie 4 car for my son. For our ignition we plan on useing just one coil pack wired directly to the toggle switch and then that way you have spark to the plugs. but this will also mean that you can cut the Coil pack On or off. To save battery power. We are looking into the esslinger cam only 500lift 266 duration at 0.50 anyone elese used this cam or Know anything about it? Also Plan on running the standard Followers with this cam shaft and Speedway motors High energy lifters. I plan to time this cam in by the simple old trick of the cam pointer so therefore the engine will be in time. Also does anyone elese run the old webber 2bbl carb and intake anymore whats the pros-conserns about it? I recently have ported-polished the intake out and cleaned it real good. Was also wondering how to mount a valve cover breather pipe where the oil doesnt come out of the breather. thanks guys oh so much for all your time.

I think you will have to rethink your ignition setup.You will still have to use the crank trigger to get a timed spark from the coil pack.You will either have to use the stock computer or find an aftermarket system.I believe Racedad had a setup using two triggers.Also make sure you use the cast followers,the stamped steel followers will bend and fail at high RPM'S.

I have looked farther on into this engine along with all the computer ect ect. i dont need it for nothing affter reading up on several posts on here.I came to find out from several defferent fourms and several defferent phone calls exsactly what i need. Main Questions is on the cam-lifters-followers thanks