Default Ernie glide question

Can someone help me out I got an Ernieglide because I thought it was a richmond at an auction...all I know of it is that it has the bellhousing coupler and a small hydraulic clutch...It has the newer style richmond case and the shifter is on the drivers side instead of the top like I said I just need some help to understand it more

I never had one but it will work like a bert just in a oem style case

Exclamation Ernieslide

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop4 View Post
    Can someone help me out I got an Ernieglide because I thought it was a richmond at an auction...all I know of it is that it has the bellhousing coupler and a small hydraulic clutch...It has the newer style richmond case and the shifter is on the drivers side instead of the top like I said I just need some help to understand it more
    If it is the one with the steel bellhousing with the hydraulic clutch assy in the bellhousing, and the richmond case (not tailhousing) it is an Ernieslide. The Ernieglide had a powerglide case. My advice on the ernieslide is to throw it over a bridge. If you put it in a race car you will never get to race for trying to fix the trans.You will be putting orings in the clutch assy evry 2 weeks.You cannot start the engine without pushing the clutch to engage the starter with the flywheel, and the orings blow out if you push it hard enough to keep from slipping. They are a real POS.The idea was good but the craftmanship is about 12 year old chinese kid level. I have an extra I would like to get rid of but I wouldnt do that to my worst enemy. Save yourself a lot of headaches and get a bert, brinn or falcon

Like!!!!!!