Thread: spring mount ?

Default spring mount ?

if i put a spring mount on top of housing on the rr do i want it welded so its strait up sitting still or do i want to sit it about 7 or 8% forward like the pinion so when the housing rolls back during accel it straitens out and what about side to side would you want it strait up or angled in at top never had spring on top a nervous about it coming loose also where would you mount the spring from the wheel a certain distance or does that make a differance this is on a usra b mod lr in front of housing on a slider clamped up thanks

Default RR on tube.

BSB makes a rr spring perch that clamps around the tube and u drill and tap the axle housing to locate it, and the spring cup swivels pt#7451. Just estimating I would say 8* to 10* lean in at the top.
    Last edited by Renegade Cust Susp; 01-13-2013 at 03:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Use a swivel cup and mount it vertical with the rearend hanging... it should be in the right spot at
    ride height then.

what does moving the spring on top from behind do is it worth the time and money if you dont have the mounts on the car

Spring on top makes it neutral as far as axle wrap goes. Spring behind unloads when the axle wraps during accel and loads during deccel, provided you run a bushing or spring pull bar. If top link is solid the effects are minimal.
    It'll be fine

so it makes it loose on the gas and tight off with a spring pull bar if mounted behind on rr sorry dont understand what loading or unloading means

When the spring is behind and you get on the gas the axle wraps ( top of rear end housing goes back) it basically lowers the lower spring perch, which in turn "unloads" or takes weight off of that tire. This takes drive out of the rr. As far as loose or tight it will depend on track surface and tractoin available. More traction, more the rear wraps, the more it changes weight on the rr. When the spring is on top it takes out some of the variables. It is more consistent. I ran it both ways on a 4-2 mod and liked it on top the best.
    It'll be fine

got it thanks

where do i want to mount the spring as far as side to side. inside the framerail or outside of the framrail does it need to be closer to thr rr tire or closer to the pinion