Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default A video for ALL Americans

I know this is a long video, but it is very important to maintain an open mind and take the time to watch it. IMO It is very important to your country and family and it's an awesome history lesson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0h6hmEPV-M
    No excuses...JUST RACE!!!!

I'll check it out this evening, not enough time right now...

Please, Lets try to keep the flaming out of this thread or at least to a minimum. I didn't post this as an us vs them type thing. I posted it as an educational aide for everyone. I think most of us have been around this board long enough to know what everyone's political standings are so lets just get past that on this thread. I am hoping that it will help all American's. Just take the time to watch the entire video, and then speak on how it made you feel.

Thanks, RF
    Last edited by RATFINK; 01-14-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Good Lord that guy is an idiot....watching it now....

Default b.s

[

Elvis didn't do no drugs

An expression used to call someone on an obvious lie, prevarication or falsehood. A way of calling bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Since it is now known Elvis did mountains of drugs, stating that he had always been clean would be obvious bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Origin: Penn and Teller's show Bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), where the phrase is used to call bull(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) on the various claims of creationists.

Mike: "Elton John invented rap music."
    Bob: "Um, right, Elvis didn't do no drugs!"

buy elvis didn't do no drugs mugs & shirts

Very good. Hopefully some of the folks on here that aren't aware of the influence will watch it, but I doubt they will, the devil loves a closed mind. I have always been amazed at the number of people that have called our founding fathers secular, and as the piece shows, nothing could be further from the truth. And thats one reason folks of those thoughts won't watch it, they would have to admit (to themselves) they were wrong. And many just can't do that. I know, it was hard for me and I wasn't really hung up politically at the time. Anyway, cool video. Hopefully you won't mind if I share it. I'd like to send it to my Bible Study group members. Great food for thought.

[QUOTE=Busheetreats;[/QUOTE]

So why do you care? If God doesn't exist in your mind, what difference does it make to you if others do believe? It can't hurt you if we believe and you don't so why the slam?

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    Very good. Hopefully some of the folks on here that aren't aware of the influence will watch it, but I doubt they will, the devil loves a closed mind. I have always been amazed at the number of people that have called our founding fathers secular, and as the piece shows, nothing could be further from the truth. And thats one reason folks of those thoughts won't watch it, they would have to admit (to themselves) they were wrong. And many just can't do that. I know, it was hard for me and I wasn't really hung up politically at the time. Anyway, cool video. Hopefully you won't mind if I share it. I'd like to send it to my Bible Study group members. Great food for thought.
    Thanks for taking the time to watch it Slinger.

I figured there would be immature ones who would act like adolescents, and I was correct. I'll bet they didn't even make it 30 seconds into the video, but this is America and they are free to think and act as they like and watch Jersey Shore and The L Word all they want. For those of you who know me, you know I am a spiritual man, but far from a religious man. I am a huge history buff, and it was for that reason I thought the child like on this board would enjoy the video and refrain from their normal antics. It appears that I was wrong. Minds are like parachutes. They only work when they are open and it isn't hard to see why the closed minded who think they know so much in the end know very little. You learn nothing if you're not listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Busheetreats View Post
    What other fairytales do you believe? I'm not slamming anything, I'm quoting the bible itself.
    Your not slamming anything, but you call it a fairytale..... Hmmmmm.

Don't bother Mud.
    "This will remain the land of the free only as long as it is the home of the brave."-Elmer Davis

WWTDD.

Quote Originally Posted by RATFINK View Post
    I know this is a long video, but it is very important to maintain an open mind and take the time to watch it. IMO It is very important to your country and family and it's an awesome history lesson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0h6hmEPV-M
    We need more people like David Barton. I've watched him many times on Beck. Thanks for posting this valuable video.

Quote Originally Posted by RATFINK View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to watch it Slinger.

I figured there would be immature ones who would act like adolescents, and I was correct. I'll bet they didn't even make it 30 seconds into the video, but this is America and they are free to think and act as they like and watch Jersey Shore and The L Word all they want. For those of you who know me, you know I am a spiritual man, but far from a religious man. I am a huge history buff, and it was for that reason I thought the child like on this board would enjoy the video and refrain from their normal antics. It appears that I was wrong. Minds are like parachutes. They only work when they are open and it isn't hard to see why the closed minded who think they know so much in the end know very little. You learn nothing if you're not listening.
    It was well worth the watch. Have you seen the movie/documentary Monumental? Same basic theme and I think this guy is in it too. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Busheetreats View Post
    Elvis didn't do no drugs!1. God is satisfied with his works Gen 1:31 God is dissatisfied with his works. Gen 6:6
    He was dissatisfied with what his creation did with their free will, NOT his works.

2. God dwells in chosen temples 2 Chron 7:12,16 God dwells not in temples Acts 7:48
    Please learn the difference between Old and New Testaments. In the Old Testament God dwelt in the temple men made. In the New Testament, and under the NEW covenant he sent His Holy Spirit to dwell in the believer (not in man made temples).

3. God dwells in light Tim 6:16 God dwells in darkness 1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2
    I'm not sure why you think it is a contradiction to dwell both in light and darkness. Do we as humans not dwell in light at times and darkness at times. Why do you find this worthy of pointing out?

4. God is seen and heard Ex 33:23/ Ex 33:11/ Gen 3:9,10/ Gen 32:30/ Is 6:1/ Ex 24:9-11 God is invisible and cannot be heard John 1:18/ John 5:37/ Ex 33:20/ 1 Tim 6:16
    For this, you must understand the Triune God. He is One (God) and Three beings (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) simultaneously. Those references referring to not being seen refer to the Father. He cannot reveal himself in full to someone on earth...it would kill them. God the Father speaks to us through his Word and the Spirit.

5. God is tired and rests Ex 31:17 God is never tired and never rests Is 40:28
    This one, you misquote. It neither says God is "tired", nor does it say he never "rests" in the verses you site. I don't know about you, but even I can rest without being tired.

6. God is everywhere present, sees and knows all things Prov 15:3/ Ps 139:7-10/ Job 34:22,21 God is not everywhere present, neither sees nor knows all things Gen 11:5/ Gen 18:20,21/ Gen 3:8 7. God knows the hearts of men Acts 1:24/ Ps 139:2,3 God tries men to find out what is in their heart Deut 13:3/ Deut 8:2/ Gen 22:12 8. God is all powerful Jer 32:27/ Matt 19:26 God is not all powerful Judg 1:19 9. God is unchangeable James 1:17/ Mal 3:6/ Ezek 24:14/ Num 23:19 God is changeable Gen 6:6/ Jonah 3:10/ 1 Sam 2:30,31/ 2 Kings 20:1,4,5,6/ Ex 33:1,3,17,14 10. God is just and impartial Ps 92:15/ Gen 18:25/ Deut 32:4/ Rom 2:11/ Ezek 18:25 God is unjust and partial Gen 9:25/ Ex 20:5/ Rom 9:11-13/ Matt 13:12 11. God is the author of evil Lam 3:38/ Jer 18:11/ Is 45:7/ Amos 3:6/ Ezek 20:25 God is not the author of evil 1 Cor 14:33/ Deut 32:4/ James 1:13 12. God gives freely to those who ask James 1:5/ Luke 11:10 God withholds his blessings and prevents men from receiving them John 12:40/ Josh 11:20/ Is 63:17 13. God is to be found by those who seek him Matt 7:8/ Prov 8:17 God is not to be found by those who seek him Prov 1:28 14. God is warlike Ex 15:3/ Is 51:15 God is peaceful Rom 15:33/ 1 Cor 14:33 15. God is cruel, unmerciful, destructive, and ferocious Jer 13:14/ Deut 7:16/ 1 Sam 15:2,3/ 1 Sam 6:19 God is kind, merciful, and good James 5:11/ Lam 3:33/ 1 Chron 16:34/ Ezek 18:32/ Ps 145:9/ 1 Tim 2:4/ 1 John 4:16/ Ps 25:8 16. God's anger is fierce and endures long Num 32:13/ Num 25:4/ Jer 17:4 God's anger is slow and endures but for a minute Ps 103:8/ Ps 30:5 17. God commands, approves of, and delights in burnt offerings, sacrifices ,and holy days Ex 29:36/ Lev 23:27/ Ex 29:18/ Lev 1:9 God disapproves of and has no pleasure in burnt offerings, sacrifices, and holy days. Jer 7:22/ Jer 6:20/ Ps 50:13,4/ Is 1:13,11,12 18. God accepts human sacrifices 2 Sam 21:8,9,14/ Gen 22:2/ Judg 11:30-32,34,38,39 God forbids human sacrifice Deut 12:30,31 19. God tempts men Gen 22:1/ 2 Sam 24:1/ Jer 20:7/ Matt 6:13 God tempts no man James 1:13 20. God cannot lie Heb 6:18 God lies by proxy; he sends forth lying spirits t deceive 2 Thes 2:11/ 1 Kings 22:23/ Ezek 14:9 21. Because of man's wickedness God destroys him Gen 6:5,7 Because of man's wickedness God will not destroy him Gen 8:21 22. God's attributes are revealed in his works. Rom 1:20 God's attributes cannot be discovered Job 11:7/ Is 40:28 23. There is but one God Deut 6:4 There is a plurality of gods Gen 1:26/ Gen 3:22/ Gen 18:1-3/ 1 John 5:7
    It would take too long to respond to all of your feeble attempts at contradictions. If you would/could be open minded to what God is offering you, it would help. Until you WANT to, nobody can help you understand it.

Again, the main issue is realizing there is a difference between Old and New Testaments and that God is one God existing in 3 parts.

Nobody says you have to believe. Only that you will most assuredly regret your disbelief at some point.

There are, no doubt, people who give Christianity a bad name by their actions and/or words. That in no way disproves God's existence.

nature's god not god's nature - thomas jefferson////////Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians They were Deists who did not believe the bible was true. ... They spoke often of God, (Nature's God or the God of Nature), but this was not the God of the bible. ...pilgrims came to the new land because England really didn't want them anyway " out of their hair"

LOL God loves ya....You are prophecy-----cool huh....

Default Proverbs 26:4-14

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself. 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes. 6 Like cutting off one's feet or drinking violence is the sending of a message by the hand of a fool. 7 Like a lame man's legs that hang limp is a proverb in the mouth of a fool. 8 Like tying a stone in a sling is the giving of honor to a fool. 9 Like a thornbush in a drunkard's hand is a proverb in the mouth of a fool. 10 Like an archer who wounds at random is he who hires a fool or any passer-by. 11 As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his folly. 12 Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him. 13 The sluggard says, "There is a lion in the road, a fierce lion roaming the streets!" 14 As a door turns on its hinges, so a sluggard turns on his bed.

Quote Originally Posted by IZZOJR16 View Post
    nature's god not god's nature - thomas jefferson////////
    What is that supposed to mean? Not sure what your argument is.

Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians They were Deists who did not believe the bible was true. ... They spoke often of God, (Nature's God or the God of Nature), but this was not the God of the bible. ...pilgrims came to the new land because England really didn't want them anyway " out of their hair"
    Really?

I have a few quotes of my own to site. We'll use Thomas Jefferson, since you brought him up.

"The doctrines of Jesus are simple, and tend all to the happiness of man."

"The practice of morality being necessary for the well being of society, He [God] has taken care to impress its precepts so indelibly on our hearts that they shall not be effaced by the subtleties of our brain. We all agree in the obligation of the moral principles of Jesus and nowhere will they be found delivered in greater purity than in His discourses."

"I am a Christian in the only sense in which He wished anyone to be: sincerely attached to His doctrines in preference to all others."

"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."

ALL of these quotes were from Thomas Jefferson. How do you explain him mentioning CHRISTIANITY specifically and/or referring to JESUS, if, as you say, he was a deist.....didn't believe the Bible...and was not a Christian???? Please explain that to me.

Let's throw in another quote that contradicts your view:

Patrick Henry
    Ratifier of the U.S. Constitution

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here."
    Last edited by skids; 01-16-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Great post Skids.

Sad but spot on, on ones part!

and your point is tnie