Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by Busheetreats View Post
    The OT isn't viable anymore, just the NT. I get it, burn that old one. Your only answer is another thing from the Bible. So was Jesus the son of God, but also God at the same time? I mean, he was born to a Virgin mother which is once again scientifically impossible. What about the passages that were left out of the Bible on purpose in the committee meetings? Oh wait, the bible is real because the bible says so.
    Never said it wasn't viable (useful). I said the old LAW is no longer. The new covenant is written on the hearts of man.

The whole book is a fabrication by man. Wouldn't you have loved to sit on the committee that decided what passages were going to be included!
    What committee was that?

Moreover, the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold as the light of seven days. " That makes for a total of 50 times brighter than the Sun, since in Heaven the moon is as bright as the sun, and the light of the sun is seven times the light of seven days, that is 49 times brighter. A light 50 times brighter than the sun would heat Heaven to a temperature of at least 525°C.
    Do you listen to anything I say? There is NO sun or moon in heaven.

Revelation 21:23

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.

Note: the city referred to is heaven

Someone does not have a clue

Lutheran and Methodist churches

Many Protestants (especially those belonging to the magisterial traditions, such as Lutherans, or those such as Methodists, that broke away from the Anglican Communion) accept the teachings of the first seven councils but do not ascribe to the councils themselves the same authority as Roman Catholics and the Eastern Orthodox do. The Lutheran World Federation, in ecumenical dialogues with the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople has affirmed all of the first seven councils as ecumenical and authoritative.

[edit] Other Protestant churches

Some, including some fundamentalist Christians, condemn the ecumenical councils for other reasons. Independency or congregationalist polity among Protestants may involve the rejection of any governmental structure or binding authority above local congregations; conformity to the decisions of these councils is therefore considered purely voluntary and the councils are to be considered binding only insofar as those doctrines are derived from the Scriptures. Many of these churches reject the idea that anyone other than the authors of Scripture can directly lead other Christians by original divine authority; after the New Testament, they assert, the doors of revelation were closed and councils can only give advice or guidance, but have no authority. They consider new doctrines not derived from the sealed canon of Scripture to be both impossible and unnecessary whether proposed by church councils or by more recent prophets (even though the canon itself was fixed by these councils).

[edit] Nontrinitarian churches

Ecumenical councils are not recognised by nontrinitarian churches such as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (and other denominations within Mormonism), Jehovah's Witnesses, and Unitarians. In the case of the former two religions, their leadership each claims direct, special, ongoing revelation from God to establish accepted beliefs. They view the ecumenical councils as misguided human attempts to establish doctrine, and as attempts to divine dogmas by debate rather than by revelation.

Satan will disprove anything god does that what satan does

Ok, then why does the passage state how bright the light will be and where it will come from?
    I don't understand what you're asking. The verse you site in Isaiah is not referring to heaven, but earth at some point in our future.

So you are claiming that because it refers to how bright the light will be and where it comes from, it MUST be related to heaven? Why?

Lightbulb

Ok so let'S cut the Bible some slack and say that (as the Jehovah's witness and other fundies contend) that Moses took only a representative of each species; so that 1 set of monkeys for all monkeys, 1 set for all of horses, zebras, horses and deer, 1 set of feline for all of them etc.Then God made it rain, then God destroys EVERY LIVING THINGS HE HAS EVER CREATED, save what is on the boat.So after the rain, a week or so later, little bird brings back a leafy branch from an Olive tree....HUMMMM ! Bad olive tree, it survived God's orders for destruction !And then, from 3000 BC, and withing a FEW years all of every ancient civilization was built and ruined again, so ruins could be found later....people went to Lascaux to paint wildlife in caverns, They raised monoliths at Stonehenge and places idols on Easter Island, they raised the Pyramids all over for the Mayas and the Incas and the Egyptians too... So later they could use that in another story !Then all the animals SUPER EVOLVED to form 3-10 million species and quick time, so some could go extinct in time to form fossils to be excavated later so that Satan could disprove that the Flood ever HAppened
    It was Noah, NOT Moses. I think I will take this opportunity to just give up trying to convince you of anything.

I'll leave you with one thought. If I'm wrong in my thinking, I will have lived my life doing my best to love others and God, only to cease to exist. No big deal.

If you are wrong in your thinking, you will have rejected the single greatest gift ever offered. That is, eternal life in heaven with the God that created you to spend eternity with him. You will, instead, spend eternity regretting the rejection of that gift. VERY BIG DEAL!

I pray something I have said will someday soon provoke you to delve deeper into your quest for truth. Everyone has a God shaped void that they constantly strive to fill. Until they come to the realization that it is God they need, it will remain unfilled and they will be incomplete.

I challenge you to test God in this way. Make a SINCERE request to God in a prayer. Just say (sincerely, not flippantly) "God, if you are really for real, and truly exist, I ask you to make yourself known to me in a personal way." Then, give it some time and see if something doesn't happen in your life that confirms his existence. If you can open your mind enough to accept it and not go into it thinking that nothing will happen, I believe you will get an answer. Then when you do, look up the sinner's prayer, say it, and get saved and into a Bible based church.

Best of luck. I'll be praying for you, whether you believe me or not.

When was the last time prayer fed starving children, fixed broken families? .
    Every flippin day ya moron....

Skids, your a smart man. this is to the point of "casting pearls"

Duane is done with this subject.

You didn't read it did you

Default Of course not your a flipping liberal and lib are onthe only way

://www.humanevents.com/2012/12/11/david-limbaugh-conservative-media-are-not-the-problem/ SO SAD

Quote Originally Posted by busheetreats View Post
    liberal media is out to get the church and religion bla bla bla. I don't care to read something that throws mud at "liberal media" while worshiping a sky god.
    y you almost got it right liberal media is out to destroy the world as we know it

No the liberal media wants to change facts and history