Default capital race cars

Anyone been around one much? Are they more like a rocket, masters

Quote Originally Posted by m.lion View Post
    Anyone been around one much? Are they more like a rocket, masters
    Yes and no. Its my understanding the Capital chassis came about much the same way Mike Boland came up with his Trakstar chassis. Marshall Green has had the advantage of utilizing, racing and working on several different car designs over the years and took what he liked and built his own chassis including some ideas of his own. Capital is NOT just a knock off of another brand like some others out there. A friend of mine, Casey Roberts has one and loves it. He had been running a VC Moyer and liked them too, but service and Tech were a long way from his shop here in North Georgia, where as Capital is like 2 hours from us outside Atlanta.
    Last edited by F22 RAPTOR; 01-28-2013 at 01:16 AM.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Quote Originally Posted by F22 RAPTOR View Post
    Yes and no. Its my understanding the Capital chassis came about much the same way Mike Boland came up with his Trakstar chassis. Marshall Green has had the advantage of utilizing, racing and working on several different car designs over the years and took what he liked and built his own chassis including some ideas of his own. Capital is not just a knock off of another brand like some others out there. A friend of mine, Casey Roberts has one and loves it. He had been running a VC Moyer and liked them too, but service and Tech were a long way from his shop here in North Georgia, where as Capital is like 2 hours from us outside Atlanta.
    seen 2 of them up close and they are not a knock off thats for sure

I spoke to Marshall. Only available as a complete roller for about 40k. Seems a bit high......

Quote Originally Posted by racer2e View Post
    I spoke to Marshall. Only available as a complete roller for about 40k. Seems a bit high......
    Don't know if thats true, but I imagine that is fully assembled and all the top of the line parts. This keeps people from buying a bare frame and jigging it quite so easily I imagine. Also a good way to protect the cars reputation so not just anybody buys one and slaps it together, maybe running junky or something. Just saying it makes good sense unless you want to be the walmart of dlm builders.
    Last edited by F22 RAPTOR; 01-28-2013 at 01:21 AM.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells