Thread: truck help

Default truck help

I know this is a race car 4m but does anyone know anything about 7.3 Ford diesel

Good motors .

www.ford-trucks.com

best help/forum for ford trucks!

Ask away.

Also good Ford diesel reference:

www.powerstroke.org
    www.powerstrokenation.com

Got a 2000 7.3 power stroke the wait to start light will not come on when I turn the key on and it won't start. It will start if u spray it with either then stalls any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

could be a s simple as a glow plug relay. leave the ether to the tractors. it will kill the powerstroke. use wd40 or soak a rag in gas and wrap it around the air filter. was is running fine and then all of the sudden wont start?

its easy to check. it looks like a typical ford starter relay. its on top of the motor there are actually two that look alike its the rear most one. you can jump it or you can test it with a meter.

More than likely glow plug relay, right top of motor on passenger side, looks like a solenoid. I own a shop and work on them every day, please do not start 7.3 by spraying anything, top ring is very prown to break. Plug engine block heater up, it will start then. If you can not find it look on driver side by radiator, looks like the end of extension cord, plug up to a extension cord. Give a few minutes and it will heat engine up enough to crank it. It is best anytime temp goes below 30 degrees to plug up and leave it overnight anyway. If not glow plug relay, it could be enough glow plugs out, if 2 out on each side will kill it.

Thanks guys for all ur help. I figured it out it was the little heater inside the fuel bowl was shorted out and blue a 30 amp fuse under the dash on the drivers side
    Pulled out anti jell heater put in new fuse runs like a top now just add anti fuel jell in tank good to go