Thread: Carburetor

Default Carburetor

Looking at buying a new Willys carburetor and can't decided between the slick track or the 750 I run mostly on dry slick tracks and am running alcohol?

Quote Originally Posted by fast hot rod View Post
    Looking at buying a new Willys carburetor and can't decided between the slick track or the 750 I run mostly on dry slick tracks and am running alcohol?
    was never a fan of a slick track carb. if you are any good with your foot stay with the 750 some times you may need more and you wont have it with the slick track carb. but thats just me

A good friend, who builds engines for PME race engines burnt down two motors with that slick track carb. Says its ok for a small track, but it leans out on the bigger tracks and causes the problem. We just got a Holley Ultra HP carb. What a nice piece. We ran it stock out of the box on the Dyno against a Baswell and was only a few HP off. Less than half the price, weighs 5 lbs less. Im sold!

Dave

You got a good one then. They're hit and miss but they're pretty.

Does anyone have an opinion on the 650 Race Demon? I would be putting it on a 602 crate engine. Just wanting to know some ups/downs of this carb. Thanks.

Demon carbs are basically a hopped up race ready Holley. They are pretty easy to tune and maintain. Nothing really special about them and I suppose that's whats nice about them.