Default Ohlin Canister Shock Adjusting Question

Ok, I have a set of Ohlin Canister shocks but I do not know how to adjust them. Is the compression done on the shock and the rebound done on the canister? Never had canister shocks before. I guess I should've stuck with technology. LOL

just the opposite, compression is on the canister and rebound is on the lower eye .

Compression adjustment is on the end of the canister.
    Rebound adjustment (technically a bleed adjustment) is on the end of the shock.
    All the way in (to the right) is "zero" and is full stiff for both adjustments. When you hear people talk about adjustments on Ohlins shocks they will usually just refer to how many "clicks". You always start at zero and then turn OUT from there. So 5 clicks is 5 clicks to the left of full stiff.
    On the compression adjustment, you can go out about 25 clicks and after that you aren't really doing anything. On the rebound adjustment you can go out about 40 clicks and then you're pretty much done.
    Without knowing how the shocks are valved, it is next to impossible to recommend a starting point. Might be a good idea to have them dynoed by someone and get a recommendation or get the re-valved to suit your needs.

Default Ohlins

Thanks guys for the answers. Matt, I had the shocks gone through and done by W.A.R Shocks, just didnt know how to adjust them! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by kevpow View Post
    Thanks guys for the answers. Matt, I had the shocks gone through and done by W.A.R Shocks, just didnt know how to adjust them! LOL.
    Why didnt Willie Allen at WAR help you further by explaining how to use them?
    CLICK HERE to see how you can win a turn key Rocket XR1!

Default Shocks

I'm sure he could've and would've. I had a major surgery rebuilding my ankle and i've been sitting around working on race plans for this season when i'm up and ready. It was a thought that came to me and I decided to use 4M because I was online! Is this not what this forum is for?? I was looking for some constructive help but I guess youre a competitor of Willies so no further answer needed from you. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevpow View Post
    I'm sure he could've and would've. I had a major surgery rebuilding my ankle and i've been sitting around working on race plans for this season when i'm up and ready. It was a thought that came to me and I decided to use 4M because I was online! Is this not what this forum is for?? I was looking for some constructive help but I guess youre a competitor of Willies so no further answer needed from you. Thanks
    Nope actually an affiliate, He usually has an instruction sheet with repairs, rebuilds, and new shocks. I didnt know what exactly happen.
    CLICK HERE to see how you can win a turn key Rocket XR1!