Default Schrader Valved Shock Help

So I came across a couple Bilstein shocks with schrader valves on them but don't know what psi is needed for where, and for what type of track condition. I honestly don't know anything about them besides being told they were "fresh". Is it as easy as filling them up to the recommended psi for each corner of the car? Is there anything online that can give me some recommendations to get started with? I have a gauge to measure what's in them now, one was around 130 psi I believe. I would really appreciate any help or advice on what to do with these. Thanks

50-60 dry slick
    150-200 heavy

Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    50-60 dry slick
    150-200 heavy
    Close, all depends on the original valving.
    CLICK HERE to see how you can win a turn key Rocket XR1!

The amount of gas pressure goes up with the compression valving. A rr with a 3 compression wont need but 60 or 70 lbs, but a lr with a 8 or 9 valve would need 250 or so. The gas pressure is used to stabilize the oil and keep it from foaming (cavitating) The stiffer the compression, the more the shocks tend to cavitate.

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    The amount of gas pressure goes up with the compression valving. A rr with a 3 compression wont need but 60 or 70 lbs, but a lr with a 8 or 9 valve would need 250 or so. The gas pressure is used to stabilize the oil and keep it from foaming (cavitating) The stiffer the compression, the more the shocks tend to cavitate.
    Exactly my point and I agree 100%

RF Slick Example a 4/6 would require about 60-65 lbs of nitrogen compared to a 4/8 that would be around 75 lbs of nitrogen.
    CLICK HERE to see how you can win a turn key Rocket XR1!

Do you guys feel that adjusting the gas press. is a way to tune the car or should the press. remain what the mfg recommended for the valving in the shock? for example a 4/6 75psi rf in the heavy would it be accpetable to nock 25# out of that shock in the slick or not?

Default GP

Tuning gas can be a pretty useful tool to adjust to whats comfortable to you. I would not be at all afraid of 75psi on a 6040.