Thread: battery swap

Default battery swap

Well we have been running the same optima battery for 5 years and have decided to swap it out for a new one this year. Would like to save some pounds and wondered ifanyone has run the braile lightweight batteries without an alternator with success?

No one have any experience with them?

Wish I knew, I have run the same red top for 5-7 yrs and it has finally gone bad.

Do you have a red or yellow top (don't know if one is better than the other). Longevity and local availability will probably bring me back to another Optima.

We have ran a red top with no issues other than the first night we had it we had a terminal break off. Thankfully they just traded us out without a problem. We are just trying to save some weight.

FYI, optimas are not near the quality they were 4-5 years ago. See them fail all the time now. Now I just ran a NAPA ledgend with no problems. Im sure there are many options on light weight options, just dont know how well they hold up. Eric

Surely not another company ditching quality for the sake of a profit? It is sad but I don't think there are many products that are as good as they were 5 years ago. Only difference is the higher price!
    It'll be fine