Default Who makes the 2.3 followers for the companys that sell the hardened pad followers?

I seem to be getting conflicting storys about who manufactures these followers...Anybody know the scoop?

Thanks,
    Mike

it was crower or crane...whichever one went out of business,i only know of a couple places to get them.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Quote Originally Posted by mike22l View Post
    I seem to be getting conflicting storys about who manufactures these followers...Anybody know the scoop?Thanks,Mike
    All of your normal 2.3 parts suppliers were buying the padded rockers from Crower. Crower has discontinued them and no longer has any inventory left on the shelf. When we (Esslinger) were informed that they were not going to be marketing them any longer, we purchased the remaining balance of their inventory. At the moment we have plenty in stock and as such, the price will remain stable untill we run out some time in the future.Crane was the source for the 2.0L padded rockers, but they were discontinued prior to them going out of business.Is there something specific you are looking for?

I believe Crower was the ones who did the R@D work to develope the material used in the pad.
    The company that made them was in the upper mid west. The pad material is
    expensive to make and given the size of the rockers, you could get a lot of pads from one sheet.
    Therefore not enough sheets for a minimum order. They are furnaced brazed to the modified rockers.
    I aquired the pad formulation years ago and had a small sample made. Tried a combonation of
    assemble methods, all were too expensive, would have made the selling price too high.

What are other options when the supply runs out? Stock ones are too soft and most rules don't allow roller cams.

what about the 4340 followers from racerwalsh? has anyone tried them?

olin

Quote Originally Posted by return to dirt View Post
    what about the 4340 followers from racerwalsh? has anyone tried them?

olin
    if those are the billet 1pc followers then yes we have tried them,we bought 2 sets back in 2005 and are still using a set today.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com