Default Pontiac heads any good??

buddy has some old nascar pontiac heads and intake cheap, i wanna run them in our latemodel class that requires 23 degree heads only. would be a 355 with roller cam looking to turn 8200 rpm, good or bad??????

If they are the 867 castings then they are very good.Same as a Brodix 10X.Be careful though lots of Nascar GM teams actually had major machine work done to them and were actually 18* heads before 18* was legal.

Quote Originally Posted by perfconn View Post
    If they are the 867 castings then they are very good.Same as a Brodix 10X.Be careful though lots of Nascar GM teams actually had major machine work done to them and were actually 18* heads before 18* was legal.
    Agreed , I have a set from a sprint car. Very efficient chambers, be careful on the dome shape if you are going for compression. The predecessor to the vortec heads. They require a raised runner intake manifold too.
    Gator Engineering

so regular 23 degree dome pistons and rockers work?? he has the intake and also said they were not the worked over ones so im probally gonna go that route

I would verify with the piston mfg. Mine are a small heart chamber, that dont look like any off the shelf piston would work.
    I havent found a good application for mine, but I think they are a outstanding set to run.
    Gator Engineering

The 867's use different pistons(valve spacing) and offset rockers.

Dude on here goes by LateModel B23 has a nice 10X topend including intake and shaft rockers for $1,200.00 plus shipping.His email is bbueprint@hotmail.com
    Last edited by perfconn; 01-25-2013 at 05:08 PM.