Default Lower Nose Valances?

Now we havent put one on yet but obviously there a pretty hot item for awhile now. Now my question is do they really make a difference? Or are they just for show? instead of adding an additional piece doesnt it make more since to just drop the left side of your nose down three inches? (guesstimating the valance height) would really love to hear input on this before I waste my money and time putting them on the cars. thanks!

You won't win a race because you have one and the other guy doesn't, however, sometimes every little bit helps too.

I wouldn't drop the left side of the nose that far though. The nice thing with the valance is when the track is rough and chews it up, it's a removable (and replaceable, or just run with out it) piece of plastic. Get the nose digging in there and it could do some bad things to it, like really tear the bottom lip up, or even rip the nose off.

I've seen some guys (and done it myself) that just put a 3-4" piece of plastic on the bottom of the nose, basically the same way you do below the doors. Cheaper, kinda easier, and most of the benefit of the valance.
    Here's my little home on Youtube!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AmickRacing
    Home Page
    http://www.AmickRacing.com

save the money and just buy a dominator nose its already got the valance on it and the plastic takes more abuse,just trim it where you need to,man i need to be paid buy some of these guys,for saying what works and what doesnt,thats my opinion for what its worth,it just saves money for us
    Last edited by grt74; 01-26-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grt74 View Post
    save the money and just buy a dominator nose its already got the valance on it and the plasic takes more abuse,just trim it where you need to,man i need to be paid buy some of these guys,for saying what works and what doesnt,thats my opinion for what its worth,it just saves money for us
    Will the dominator mount up to a rocket number without issues?

it will mount up on any car,just may have to adjust your tabs or put a spacer on ect. ive run both its just like i said its just cheaper (because you dont have to pay for the valance)

I went to a dominator because the the valence on the md3 was more money and it was always getting ripped up and I was having to replace rivets. Went to the dominator and trimmed the right side a little, and I never have to mess with it.

Ive ran both... I like the dominator but i do wish they would make the fender a little different, more like the MD3. So it looks better and lays down nicer on the nose

Thanks for the feedback. It makes sense to use plastic vs buying the valance which we've done before. Only problem I encountered was a rippling effect which looks like crap and we ended up taking it off.

If we did buy a valance how do you determine the height of the nose? do you mount the bottom of the MD3 nose to the bottom of the bumper then add on the Valance? or do you compensate and raise the nose even higher?

I dislike the way the dominators looks and the height the fenders lack for catching air. IMO i think its alot easier to get the MD3 noses to the height you want due to the plastic being more flexiable

Check out Dominators newest fenders.

Dominator is the way to go. It takes more abuse, easier to mount, Less expensive after you add the cost of the valience. And Ron is right. Check out the new fender for 2013.

Doc
    www.Dowdyracing.com

Default Dominator !!

Hi Guys -- Our nose & flares have been legal for 6 years in all the series !! lets forget what was said years ago !! Ok ---As for the new flares we have been tweeking the height & fitting of them ---The new versoin can be raised to 4-5" -- IF you pull the pic's from the Jackson 100 race & see Mr Owens was running & Dominated that weekend !! Fast time heat win & All 100 laps for the win !! & this year you will see Mr Marlar sporting the nose kit & Mr Unzicker & Mr Matt Miller alot of other fine racers -- Thanks to all of you guys running the Dominator products. Bentley

You will see that our nose kit is very strong & last alot longer that what other co. are selling -- diffrent material -- Give us a try you"ell never go back !!
    Last edited by Aerotech/Dominator; 02-07-2013 at 12:26 PM.