Thread: 22 bullets

Default 22 bullets

Anyone else having a hard time finding 22 bullets?

I bought my 11 year old a 22 and have not been able to find bullets these days.

all ammo is going as fast as they get it in, just keep checking back with them and ask when they expect some in.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    all ammo is going as fast as they get it in, just keep checking back with them and ask when they expect some in.
    same thing here in Illinois also !!!

Almost everywhere I have been is either out or close to out. It heads out the door as fast as it comes in. Rural King had plenty of 22 rounds but no .223 or 9mm. Going to have to wait until the dust clears before things get back to normal.

Saw a news bit on CNN that WalMart was limiting purchases to 3 boxes of cartridges per person.

It's because bullets don't come in boxes of 22. Usually they have 50 or more.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Who said they came in boxes of 22?

22 box 40,50,100,250,500.i remember when you went to hardware store and buy a couple of boxes you had to sign for them.my daughter got a brand new Ruger sr22 for xmas but guess what she had no ammo to practice with so she hit me up.

I remember buying 22 shells, maybe 12 or 14 yrs old and not sighing squat.....

Quote Originally Posted by perfconn View Post
    Who said they came in boxes of 22?
    I guess somebody didn't see the "smilie".
    Last edited by C4Vette; 02-01-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by C4Vette View Post
    I guess somebody didn't see the "smilie".
    No smilie showing on my machine.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    22 box 40,50,100,250,500.i remember when you went to hardware store and buy a couple of boxes you had to sign for them.my daughter got a brand new Ruger sr22 for xmas but guess what she had no ammo to practice with so she hit me up.
    Been a LONG, long time since I've bought an .22 cal ammunition, but I just don't remember boxes of 40. Must have missed something along the line.

.22 ammo has been hard to find for a while, at least 4 or 5 years. Walmart, Kmart, and others used to keep the 500 round boxes stocked. Now it seems like they sellout immediately.

Last box I bought was through a private gun shop, and was upwards of $20.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInReverse View Post
    .22 ammo has been hard to find for a while, at least 4 or 5 years. Walmart, Kmart, and others used to keep the 500 round boxes stocked. Now it seems like they sellout immediately.

Last box I bought was through a private gun shop, and was upwards of $20.
    Up until a couple months ago we had no trouble finding it. I wasn't buying it as I do not own a .22 but always seen lot's on the shelf. I usually go to Scheels or another sporting goods store to look for ammo. Don't really buy anything from Wal Mart

What was the price, out of curiosity?

Bass Pro had tons of 22 ammo but they have been out now for over a month. I paid freakin $7.00 for a box of 50 at a gun shop just so I could site the 22 in. They're are guys at the local Walmart who will sit in lawn chairs every morning in the sporting goods section just to get ammo.

I am from the Savannah,GA area, but I have looked around in Myrtle Beach when I was up there last week and no bullets to be found there either at Bass Pro, Walmart, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RACEMAN View Post
    Been a LONG, long time since I've bought an .22 cal ammunition, but I just don't remember boxes of 40. Must have missed something along the line.
    box of 40 Federal American eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInReverse View Post
    What was the price, out of curiosity?
    Not sure. Like I mentioned I didn't pay attention only because I do not own a .22 yet. I have a buddy who is trying to sell me a target shooting .22, but haven't made up my mind whether I am buying it yet.

No problem finding bullits here but price is going up. Bubbette got her a new AR-15 last week cause she was afraid she'd not be able to git one later. That gurl can shoot an apple off my head from 400 foot away.