Default Better bearings for metric spindles?

Was looking for a lower friction, perhaps oil filled or sealed bearing for the factory front metric spindles, and not finding anything. Can someone point me to the right part number if one exists?

I need this for a 4-3/4" x 5 wheel pattern.

Never heard of them. You are better off with lighter weight wheels on the car that spin up faster. The bearing drag is minimal.

Your car has basically the same rolling resistance at 5 mph as at 100. As you speed up your aero drag gives the overwhelming majority of resistance. Spend the money on motor, tires, shocks, suspension stuff all give more gains. Oil filled would leak, most do, and low friction is just wasting money.

Make sure you have good quality bearings that are in good condition. 100 better places to spend the money.

I'm with zero. Most of the trick gum ball junk they push as the next great thing will get you a dnf. Keep the important things simple and work on the setup.
    It'll be fine

If you really want to get into it. Take your front hubs and drill directly down through the hub cavity closest to where the studs come out of the rotor. Just so you don't hit the bearing races. Now this gives you a pour access point, you'll need to tap it so you can put Allen head stud in it to seal it off once you have poured whatever oil you decided to run in it. You will need a double lipped seal for the back side which are like a buck at most parts stores and you will also need a Marina hub seal from Tractor Supply or Northern Tool to seal this point off also.

I do agree there are many other places to find speed just sharing with you how to accomplish a oil bath bearing with less than $25

For like $30 a piece you can get bearing pre-load spacers that will free up your bearings. I can't remember if Speedway or Performance Bodies sells them for the Metric and Pinto spindles.

Quote Originally Posted by MM90 View Post
    For like $30 a piece you can get bearing pre-load spacers that will free up your bearings. I can't remember if Speedway or Performance Bodies sells them for the Metric and Pinto spindles.
    These are really what it takes to free up wheel spin,,,,worth the money here boys.
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

i run what we call bearing pre-load spacers in the front of my metric, Google "jeffs bearing spacer install" on youtube and you can see the effect on my front spindles after i installed them.
    Last edited by 3dinterceptor; 11-11-2013 at 04:11 PM.

does anybody make a bearing preload spacer for caprice/impala spindles? I run '92 caprice #2 spindles and have only seen bearing spacers for metrics and pinto spindles.