Default Ford 9"floater inner axel seals.

Will running inner axel seals hurt anything? Heard it was bad to run them. I have problems with gear oil seeping out of the axel tubes.I also heard a guy say that the oil needs to get into the axel tubes so that it can be cooled.If i run seals on both sides,will it overheat the gear oil? Thanks for any advise.

I wouldn't be afraid to use them. In fact, I used inner seals when I was running 9" ford stuff (both sides) and never had problems with gears, axles or gear oil. The alternative is getting grease all over your wheel and brake rotor, which is not optimal. As for cooling the gear oil, just a decent filter/breather off the top or side of the center housing should get the job done.

Good luck.
    Last edited by js11; 01-29-2013 at 08:15 PM.

and make sure if you run the seals you also pack the wheel bearings with grease.

Default 9"

Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackrocker View Post
    and make sure if you run the seals you also pack the wheel bearings with grease.
    X2
    make sure you use a good synthetic grease for the wheel bearings
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Ran them with no issues as well.

It just comes down to prefernce. If you run them then you have to pack the wheel bearings with grease. If you don't run them then the rear end grease lubes the wheel bearings. I can see there being less drag on the bearings by letting the rear end lube them. But all my cars that I ran had inner axle seals. And my car that I got now didn't have any in them and I am putting them in.

Like everyone has said "use them". Both sides is best. Pack the wheel bearings with good synthetic grease. If you don't run them rearend grease WILL soak your right side rotor, pads, and inside of tire at the track. And will most likely ooze out of the left side while in the garage on jack stands during the week.