Thread: Carb?

Default Carb?

Thinking of upgrading my carb and was looking for some opinions on who to get one from. Running a 23* 406 on gas. Thinking of switching to alky but still in up in the air on that one. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by racer11 View Post
    Thinking of upgrading my carb and was looking for some opinions on who to get one from. Running a 23* 406 on gas. Thinking of switching to alky but still in up in the air on that one. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I've had great luck with a Holley 4150 HP.

If you dont want to break the bank buy a QuickFuel.

You can buy one once or buy it twice when you feel like you don't have enough snuff. I'd get a good one.

unless you are looking for some more torque then i dont see the benefit of switching to alky. Keeping the system up is a pain in the arse w/ alky. KB has great carbs and he can build one for your budget.

Default Cam and heads

Size of carb will depend on cam and heads. I run Pro-Topline heads with 235cc intake runners. Isky cam, 650 lift with 290 int and 302exh duration. With that combo my 1000 cfm Track Claw is perfect. I wouldn't run Alky. As mentioned before, it's a hassle and hard on cylinder walls.

I second KB Carbs. We have a Stealth too, and it's top notch as well.

willys!! second to none

Go with a KB..

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    unless you are looking for some more torque then i dont see the benefit of switching to alky. Keeping the system up is a pain in the arse w/ alky. KB has great carbs and he can build one for your budget.
    I disagree, I have been running alky for a couple of years. The only thing I do is drain the floats every week and fill them with gas. Small price to pay for quicker throttle response, and more torque, plus the benefit of never having to worry about over heating.

I've run alky for the last four years without any problems. I just put in one 16 oz bottle of lube to 55 gal of alky. I have never drained bowls or done anything else. If the car will sit for over 2-3 weeks i start it and run for 5-10 min. Our season starts in April and ends the last of Sept. Works for me. JMO