Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Default Gas Prices

Is everyone ready for 4.00 a gallon of gas because if it is 3.50 now just wait till summer and no liteee as we found out it has nothing to do with who is in the oval office but, if you must go ahead and show your ignorance and blame the President.

I read an article that the nation's largest refiners are posting increased profits because of the fact that they are using cheaper, domestic crude oil over the more expensive imported oil. Do you believe the Keystone pipeline would help the prices of energy? Lobbying at it's best. So much for passing the savings on to the public. I believe everyone in Washington and in our state's capitals should bear the blame for the gas price increases. There is no way that a single person could allow or stop gas prices from increasing. There is no doubt the free enterprise system has priority over the nation's welfare or the people's wishes.

The federal government could lower the price of gasoline by $1.00 a gallon in no time at all.

All they need do is eliminate the requirements to reformulate according to season and region.

Hussein, his energy secretary and some of his followers in congress are on record as saying high motor fuel prices can be good for the country. And don't kid yourself, there are a share of Republicans who don't mind seeing $3.00+ for a gallon of gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The federal government could lower the price of gasoline by $1.00 a gallon in no time at all.

All they need do is eliminate the requirements to reformulate according to season and region.

Hussein, his energy secretary and some of his followers in congress are on record as saying high motor fuel prices can be good for the country. And don't kid yourself, there are a share of Republicans who don't mind seeing $3.00+ for a gallon of gasoline.
    With obamacare we are following canadas footsteps. They pay 7/gal, 40/18pk and 12/pk of cigs. All to pay for healthcare. Hay he said he wouldnt raise taxes, but youll wish he did.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Is everyone ready for 4.00 a gallon of gas because if it is 3.50 now just wait till summer and no liteee as we found out it has nothing to do with who is in the oval office but, if you must go ahead and show your ignorance and blame the President.
    you guys blamed bush for eight (8) years the fact of the matter only one year was real bad and you knwo your buddy in office wants it higher he said it on the campaign trail but you all voted for him not me

I doubt Keystone would have had any affect on fuel prices with this outfit in the white house, but it certainly would have created a bucket load of jobs, both on site and down stream. Your never going to get the "special" blends gotten rid of and if the gubmint wanted to lower the price they could cut the taxes out of them.

amen to that but not obama he wants us to bleed

He stated he wanted 4 to 5 dollar a gallon gas. Kid and BT aught to be singin his praises, cause looks like were going to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Busheetreats View Post
    When did he say this? I never once heard him say he wanted high gas prices, but then again, he controls them.
    Before he was elected the first time. Do I have to do your homework for you again? Don't you have google? Its really very simple. If you don't understand how to use it, let me know, I'll give you the instructions and I'll type really really slow so you can understand them.

When energy policy gets better and stronger, it will be private industry that does it, not the government. Everything the government touches, it screws up. The fact that we have about 300 years of gas and oil in the Continental United States tell ya it isn't going to be anytime soon.

Where did he say he wanted $5 dollar gas, I got you the exact quote. Please show me smart one. How's your dinosaur doing?
    You realize that some scientists think petroleum is a renewable resource, don't you?

I'm not doing your home work for you, but I will give you one quote, this was when obummer was still Senator and gas was about 4.25 a gallon:

Barack Obama: I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment. The fact that this is such a shock to American pocketbooks is not a good thing. But if we take some steps right now to help people make the adjustment, first of all by putting more money in their pockets, but also by encouraging the market to adapt to these new circumstances more rapidly, particularly U.S. automakers…

Thats part of it, up to you to find the rest....

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    you guys blamed bush for eight (8) years the fact of the matter only one year was real bad and you knwo your buddy in office wants it higher he said it on the campaign trail but you all voted for him not me

Nope that's where your wrong I did not vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Nope that's where your wrong I did not vote for him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M1WlV7vafk that right you voted for a third party candidate how did that work out for you

. History shows that fuel was higher at one point during W's term.
    The difference was and is, "W" didn't want it high and this bozo does. I never said the price didn't go up under "W".

Are you sh!tin' me? If $3.40 a gallon isn't high and cause for concern then I want to know at what price we all need to begin to be concerned.

Although it's true hussein is not on record saying he would enjoy seeing gasoline prices to go much higher his actions are such that would indicate he isn't at all concerned if they do.

That having been said, hussein's energy secretary IS on record saying he would like to see gasoline in the United States at European levels.

Secretary Chu's statement in 2008: "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe". European gasoline prices are $9.00 to $10.00 a gallon.

Since the energy secretary is a integral part of the administration it's probably safe to believe hussein and his energy secretary are fairly close in their feeling towards gasoline prices.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    I doubt Keystone would have had any affect on fuel prices with this outfit in the white house, but it certainly would have created a bucket load of jobs, both on site and down stream. Your never going to get the "special" blends gotten rid of and if the gubmint wanted to lower the price they could cut the taxes out of them.
    I'm not so naive as to believe those in charge will allow the various formulations to be lifted, although it could be done if public pressure became great enough. Just saying it would lower the price about a $1 in one fell swoop. I could live with $2.40 a gallon gasoline.

Federally mandated gasoline tax is 18.4 cents a gallon. The individual states is where the serious tax money comes into play depending on where you live. Alaska is the lowest at 26.4 cents with Wyoming at 32.4 cents. The states with the highest gasoline taxes won't surprise anyone. They are the bluest and most urban and run by the most liberal politicians of all with New York at 69.6, California at 69 cents and we lucky folks in The Land O' Lincoln and crooked politicians pay 62.8 cents a gallon.

In some states posting total taxes at the pump is prohibited by law. If there was a read out on every gasoline pump in America that posted in plain view the total taxes paid for each and every fuel sale I'm thinkin' there would be a lot more outrage. Much like if everyone paid their income taxes, social security and medicare taxes in one lump sum. There'd be a lotta' p!ssed off people out there.

Straw man? Not sure what that means or who you're referring to.

Never open up the war reserves. It would have little impact on gasoline prices.

Sky high fuel prices, such as we've had over most of the last 4 years are a significant drag on the economy that this country cannot afford.

Open up oil exploration in any way that is feasible and offer incentives for the private sector to further technology in reference to future alternatives. Take full advantage of fracking and any other technology that will produce additional domestic oil production. Build the pipelines and anything else that is needed to lower fuel prices. This will create jobs and that is more important even than lowering fuel prices.

Attempt to curb the over exportation of gasoline and diesel fuel.

If the OPEC's can clearly see the United States, as the largest consumers of oil in the world, are seriously attempting to fully exploit our own domestic supplies they will drop crude prices to much more manageable levels.
    Last edited by CIRF; 02-05-2013 at 12:14 PM.

So he said that he wants fuel to be high? If that is the case, then why is fuel still in the $3.40 range in most places? You're making what he said out to be what you want to hear. Clearly he never stated he wanted to see high fuel prices, but if that was the case, he would prefer the increase to be gradual. Remember, you jumped all over him when fuel went up last year, and chastised him and said record high gas prices. History shows that fuel was higher at one point during W's term.
    3.40 a gallon its called february gesh you are dumb

Default You wonder why?

Last edited by LITE-INN; 02-05-2013 at 05:10 PM.