Default Budget shock choice

What are your guys opinions on a budget shock choice for a 4bar metric ump mod.
    Looking at either integra 4200 series or the pro shock wb's. I know neither of these are ideal but cost is the deciding factor right now.

I ran both few years ago and liked the integra over pro WB shocks hands down. I was on a metric 2 link on the AR tire. Integra had more valve options as well.

I sell the 4200 Integra shock to the racer with a budget . When putting them on the dyno thay are close on the numbers .Any 4 shocks for $260 plus shipping .I do have all numbers instock and dyno them to make sure they are that valving . 563-659-1153 Dave

Quote Originally Posted by hammond motorsports View Post
    I sell the 4200 Integra shock to the racer with a budget . When putting them on the dyno thay are close on the numbers .Any 4 shocks for $260 plus shipping .I do have all numbers instock and dyno them to make sure they are that valving . 563-659-1153 Dave
    Are these integras pretty equal to the afco 14 series, or is one better than the other? Thanks.

AH55, I have not sold or been around them so I can not say .

Quote Originally Posted by AH55 View Post
    Are these integras pretty equal to the afco 14 series, or is one better than the other? Thanks.
    pretty much the same from what I've seen. we had a new integra that the body had been dented due to a broken a arm. I cut it apart and put the parts in an afco 22 series body.we had the shock dyno'd to be sure it was a 5-3. it checked out and we still use it as needed. the shaft was the same just black the piston ring color was the only thing that was different to the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by racin6mod View Post
    pretty much the same from what I've seen. we had a new integra that the body had been dented due to a broken a arm. I cut it apart and put the parts in an afco 22 series body.we had the shock dyno'd to be sure it was a 5-3. it checked out and we still use it as needed. the shaft was the same just black the piston ring color was the only thing that was different to the eye.
    Yeah, I've had good luck with the Afco 14's, just wondering if I was missing something. Thanks for the help.

How about the Integra 4200's vs the QA1 50 series?

I won two track championships in sportsman type class with Pro WB's, but I'm not saying they're the best budget shock. I'm putting a mod together and will probably try the Integras.

Default cheap shocks

No such thing as a budget shock because you will end up buying a better shock in the long run to make up for lack of productivity . We were plagued with some real bad handling problems three quarters through races till we got it down to the 68 dollar integras on the right side fading away.We would loose up to a half a second a lap till we caught the problem. I am not sayin go out and spend three-fifty on a shock but one-twenty a shock isnt so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tbklogger View Post
    No such thing as a budget shock because you will end up buying a better shock in the long run to make up for lack of productivity . We were plagued with some real bad handling problems three quarters through races till we got it down to the 68 dollar integras on the right side fading away.We would loose up to a half a second a lap till we caught the problem. I am not sayin go out and spend three-fifty on a shock but one-twenty a shock isnt so bad.
    That and you end up spending more on the budget non rebuildable shocks in the long run because you cant just pay to fix a shaft or piston.
    CLICK HERE to see how you can win a turn key Rocket XR1!

Quote Originally Posted by tbklogger View Post

Bilstein SZ Series-

What feedback do we have on these shocks?.... have found them in some very favorable valving combos and seem reasonable @ $115 each.....Rebuild-able, also.... if I remember reading the article correctly....
    " Most of my drivers have been new to 4 link stuff and I believe most of their chassis issues are really my driver issues....... "

see ya
    johnny v

Quote Originally Posted by johnny v View Post
    Bilstein SZ Series-

What feedback do we have on these shocks?.... have found them in some very favorable valving combos and seem reasonable @ $115 each.....Rebuild-able, also.... if I remember reading the article correctly....
    Amazing shocks!

I had a customer who wanted to go with the budget Integra 4200 shocks and I could watch the car on the track and see the difference between those and a quality set of shocks. I gave him a set of QA1 50 series to try and he ended up buying them, you could see the performance difference on track. I strongly recomend getting a good set of shocks, at minimum the QA1 50 series, at $99 each they are probably the best value on the market now.

Quote Originally Posted by racinjj View Post
    I had a customer who wanted to go with the budget Integra 4200 shocks and I could watch the car on the track and see the difference between those and a quality set of shocks. I gave him a set of QA1 50 series to try and he ended up buying them, you could see the performance difference on track. I strongly recomend getting a good set of shocks, at minimum the QA1 50 series, at $99 each they are probably the best value on the market now.
    Those are good shocks too. Qa1 hit on something with them. Easy to rebuild as well.

Default cheap shocks

We have had great results with both the bilsteins SZ and the QA1 50 series . Still trying to get the whole digressive-linear thing down but making progress. Use to run Pros on my sprints and found them not as good as afcos on the slick stuff.