Default Lightning chassis ride height measurement points

After nine years of Pure Stock'in, moving to a mod for at least the first half of this year.

The car I have is supposed to be an '06 Lightning. It looks like a metric clip with a 3-link and a pullbar.

Does anyone know the points where you measure ride heights on this chassis? Anything out of the ordinary I need to know about it?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by speedbuggy View Post
    After nine years of Pure Stock'in, moving to a mod for at least the first half of this year.

The car I have is supposed to be an '06 Lightning. It looks like a metric clip with a 3-link and a pullbar.

Does anyone know the points where you measure ride heights on this chassis? Anything out of the ordinary I need to know about it?

thx
    First you need to make sure it is an 06. If it is an 06 it will have number 06-01 to 41. The # 06 for the year and the next number is the order that it was built that year. If it has a # between 001 and 346 it is an 04 or older. The number will be welded next to the seat on the stock frame rail. There are ride height tabs on the front side of the spring pockets that you measure down to the lower a frames from. It depends on which lower a frame it has as to what that measurement is. A lightning tube lower will be 4 1/2" RF and 4" LF. A stock nova would be 5 and 4 3/4. Go to www.lightningchassis.com and download the right setup sheet for the car, but make sure what number it is so you get the right information. Go to Lightning Chassis facebook page for tips on general maintanence and FAQ,s.

This is another thing I'd like some help with, "Is this really a Lightning chassis or not?". I bought this car 2 1/2 years ago. It was put together by another person who was the original buyer.

He claimed it was a Lightning, he was able to name off the support person(s) at Lightning and said he had consulted with them during the assembly, etc. The car is actually brand new...never even had a motor set in between the frame rails. I will look over thoroughly again tonight, but I have never before found a number on the car. Maybe not looking in the right place? Regardless of that, it is a really nice car, powder-coated frame, good looking welds, everything that would indicate it was professionally built. Maybe I can take some pics tonight and post them to see if anybody can help ID this car for sure.

Go to Lightning chassis website and get a number and give them a call. The guy that replied above (HEAVY DUTY) is The owner of lightning chassis. He will help you tons even if it isn't a lightning he wil get you started in the right direction.

I just talked to them. I'm going to take some pics tonight and send down to help try to ID the car.

Default lightning

There are also some direct copy's.
    Avenger out of Cincinnati
    Frank Revell cars from Lexington
    Huey Darnell in Louisville.
    All of those guys copied a car directly, almost hard to tell the difference, unless you know what to look for. All of them copied the 97-04 cars. No newer direct copy's I don't believe.

And Donnie @ Lighning's favorite....Performance, or Loose Gruff car (very very similar car)
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

I just email'ed some pics down to them this afternoon. I'm sure he will know what it is.

thanks everyone for the input.

Default Lightning

So is the car a Lightning ?

Quote Originally Posted by BB1 View Post
    So is the car a Lightning ?
    noop...it is a copy. Donnie thinks it may be the Avenger.