Thread: 9" to QC

Default 9" to QC

I'm switching from a 9 inch to a quick change. I've heard that your gear ratio will change when doing this. Just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this. I just want to know what gear to buy first for my home track. I've been running a 5.67 with my 9 inch and was thinking of trying to get close to that. Maybe 5.70 or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Reddy Powered View Post
    I'm switching from a 9 inch to a quick change. I've heard that your gear ratio will change when doing this. Just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with this. I just want to know what gear to buy first for my home track. I've been running a 5.67 with my 9 inch and was thinking of trying to get close to that. Maybe 5.70 or so?
    No reason to change gear. Get as close as you can to what you were running.Hook the panhard bar an inch and a half higher in relation to the pinion than where your 9" was

All things being equal or unchanged from before the QC (i.e., same chassis, motor, etc), my experience was that you could run anything from a 5:83 to a 5:88 if the gear you ran before the change was a 5:67. However, as Donnie mentioned, you could very well still be in the ballpark with a gear close to a 5:67.

Be happy happy ,now you can run a 5.83 in the heat and 5.60 in the
    feature with out breaking a sweat changing gears.