Default 602 crate cooling

Looking for someone with 602 crate motor experience. If I have a 602 with a 19" x 24" dual core radiator with a 15" 4 blade fan 3/4" away from the radiator will it keep it cool or do I need to build a shroud?

If you got room Id try a bigger fan "imo", I don't run a 602 but do run a 355 gas engine out of my old Street Stock with the same size rad. I made ductwork for the frontend, had a 15" 4 blade and switched to a 17" 6 blade and still overheats only turning 6800. I'm definetly putting on a shroud and going to a 17" 4 blade myself, also gonna try higher pressure radiator cap.

Last yr I had a 6 blade 17" with a shroud but the radiator was pry 3" from the front of the blade. The new car the radiator sits lower and with a 15" fan the top of the blade is at the top of the radiator. I switched to a 4 blade and had to space it out because t he blade has more pitch and was hitting the power steering pump pulley. Running a 6200 chip. I guess I should just make a shroud. Was trying to get away from having one.

Does running a shroud increase drag or what was he purpose of trying to get away from running one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sportmod Rookie View Post
    The new car the radiator sits lower and with a 15" fan the top of the blade is at the top of the radiator.
    That's the same reason I had a 15", raised my radiator up bout 3" to get my fan centered then went to the bigger fan.

You shouldnt need a fan bigger than 15" with the rest of your cooling system properly setup. I had a 15" 4 blade on my 650HP gas mod engine with a 26" wide radiator. Build a shroud and you should be good. On my last 602 I had a 6 blade 15" fan with a shroud and single pass 26" radiator and couldnt get it warm enough.