Default Quickchange fluid questions

What weight of fluid do you run in your quickchange, what brands have been good and how many qts does a quickchange hold when filling up from empty? Thanks for any info!

Default Rearend Fluid

Mystik JT-7. Best grease ever. Never had a rearend failure in 16 years of using it. You can buy it at Advance Auto, they started carrying it about a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by racinjason29 View Post
    What weight of fluid do you run in your quickchange, what brands have been good and how many qts does a quickchange hold when filling up from empty? Thanks for any info!
    You're going to get a million different opinions but the bottom line is this: you get what you pay for. You can run some high end stuff (e.g. Gibbs) and get a lot of laps out of it and pay a pretty penny for it. Or you can run some lower end stuff at a cheap price but you'll need to change it more often to be safe.
    Most quick changes hold 4 qts but use the fill plug to be sure you have it right. You don't want to over fill any more than you do under fill. 75W90 is a good place to start for most.
    Last edited by Matt49; 02-18-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Regular 80/90 is what I run seems to be good to me never had a problem

Quote Originally Posted by 95rayburn View Post
    Regular 80/90 is what I run seems to be good to me never had a problem
    I would look at moroso as they make a climbing gear lube that I use most people don't realize that the pinion is at the top of the rear on a quick change and the pinion is not setting in the lube that is why they make climbing lube.

I have used royal purple at $9 a quart. I've used valvolone from Walmart at $3 a quart. I didn't change the fluid until end of the year. Didn't have any more metal in it in either and didn't notice any issues with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    You're going to get a million different opinions but the bottom line is this: you get what you pay for. You can run some high end stuff (e.g. Gibbs) and get a lot of laps out of it and pay a pretty penny for it. Or you can run some lower end stuff at a cheap price but you'll need to change it more often to be safe.
    Most quick changes hold 4 qts but use the fill plug to be sure you have it right. You don't want to over fill any more than you do under fill. 75W90 is a good place to start for most.
    Agree we always used a Mobil 1 synthetic that my company used in there road tractors they would change every 50,000 miles if it work for them I know it worked in are racecar. 4 years never any problems.