Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default R2C dirt problems

Has anyone experienced any dirt getting into the engine using the r2c filter. Just wondering if there worth the money or if we should stick to the K+N type. Thank you.

They are by far hands down the best filter I have ever run. I used to get a very fine powder on my carb in extreme dust with oil type filters. I picked up an R2C from bryke racing a few years back and still use the filter. Granted I only ran it one year on my car then put it on my tow rig. Once I installed the filter the powder was gone and the oil samples came back with less silica in it.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

I'm going back to K &n cost me a major rebuild .

We had a standard protocal for cleaning the carb when we ran a K&N and we ran an O-ring base and sealed stud. Switched to the R2C and never had dust around the boosters again.

Default R2c

Racers,

If you ever have a problem or even suspect a concern, just call us. We seek your feedback and suggestions.

Our goal is simple; to provide you with the best performing dirt car filters you can buy as well as the best value for your hard earned money.

We test constantly. We analyze engines and engine oil routinely. Our filters, while dramatically improving efficiency over any option available to the dirt car community, are not 100% efficient. We're very close, but it's not sheet metal. Permeability must exist and particulate that we deal with is very small in some cases. We test to stop and hold particles down to .3 microns. The diameter of a human hair is approx. 80 microns. That will illustrate how precise media has to be in order to be effective when dealing with airborne particulate that seemingly floats as you pierce it, lap after lap.

You can call us at any time if you suspect an issue has developed. When we have received questions, we normally ask that the filter is returned for evaluation. We have sophisticated test capability based on decades of military filtration manufacturing, so if a problem exists, we can normally track it down quickly.

I'll try to figure out how to create an attachment, but I'd like you to see some of the "suspect" filters we've received.

Hassaymotorsports:

You can call me at any time. I don't remember ever having a discussion with you but my phone number is 708-488-8211. I'll ask you to send the filter to us and will let you know what testing has revealed.

racing@r2cperformance.com
    Last edited by R2C Competition Filters; 02-21-2013 at 09:54 AM.

Ran a k&n and seemed like I had to clean carb weekly cus of dust. Changed R2C filter and no more dust. Best money I've spent on a filter.

do you clean these filters or throw them away? have friend that had one on latemodel had power complaints switched back to kn and power complaint went away. filter still looks good and clean though

You dont put oil on them and you just blow them out, inside to out. Alot of guys are switching to these and most have good things to say. Not very often do you see companies come on these websites trying to rectify problems like R2C has.

R2C is the BEST AND ONLY FILTER to run, Hands down!

Dustin Scott
    www.dustinscottracing.com

I ran one for the first time last year, and I have to say I was very impressed.

We run a wix with a k&n pre filter. Really helped when we added the prefilter. I really like the r2c filter but after the wife's accidental gas spill of 2010 we switched to a wix and never replaced the r2c.

I have tried the R2C filter on kart engines and noticed more dirt in the carb and oil than with the K&N style so I went back to old habits. Not saying this is the norm, just my personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    How would you get oil in your carb from a R2C filter? They are DRY, lol.

Obviously your not talking about the same filter.
    The way I read it, he found dirt in the carb and dirt in the oil...

i think he meant more dirt in the carb and (more dirt in the) oil

i've been running k&n style from speedway motors (not the original K&N because i think they're too flimsy dont like that limp, floppy design) and have never had a problem . a lot need to be said about running a sureseal and a good aircleaner base and top. also too many people over oil the K&N style and this really shows up on the dyno and it pulls fuel over the bowlvents making the engine run fat and its hard on cyl walls. ive never ran the rc2 but my boss does and hes never had a problem with them either so whos to say. i think it all comes down to maintenance habits and watching the little things.

Heres a video for you guys who claim issues with a r2c... I run a 500cfm 2 barrel and dont clean my filter often.. This video shows me blowing it out. My carb venturis were absolutely dust free... I have done back to back chassis dyno with it this dirty compared to a brand NEW r2c I keep in a bag.. WITH zero hp loss or jetting difference needed...

Ive been running this filter since their first design came out and was upgraded by Ed at r2c when the newer current version came out.

I do run their outer wear also.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...76923304274701
    Last edited by stock car driver; 03-06-2013 at 11:39 AM.

i appreciate your willingness to jump straight to assuming my ignorance. I did mean more dirt was noticed in the carb and more dirt noticed in the oil when running the R2C with the outerwear cover on it.

Again, I have nothing against R2C, it just didn't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_seaton View Post
    i appreciate your willingness to jump straight to assuming my ignorance. I did mean more dirt was noticed in the carb and more dirt noticed in the oil when running the R2C with the outerwear cover on it.

Again, I have nothing against R2C, it just didn't work for me.
    The only way to get much dirt past the r2c and the outer wear is if YOU did something wrong.

Like your hood rests on the top and (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)s it sideways off the base etc.

Ive talked to some people who replaced a 4 inch kn with a 4 inch r2c and somehow didnt notice the r2c is actually 5 inches tall overall so their hood was on it.

Nothing filters as good.

Default Bollinger 77 racing

I used to get a thin film of mud in the bottom of my intake when i used the k/n style air cleaner !!!!! I then switched R2c ,no mud or dirt residue in the intake ,120 nights 2 years not one problem!!
    R2C is the best product out there !!!

I have never ran a R2C,,,but here is a tip to check anyones filter for dirt. Take your bottom and top to bench and clean the insides with a scotch brite pad. Wipe clean with mineral spirits or carb cleaner. Then spray paint them with a high quality "gloss black" paint. After the races,,pull the air cleaner apart and look for dust on top and bottom. I will not disclose brand names on here,but there are some you don't even want,,some are better than others,,dirt is your enemy here folks,,,,control it to the max and you engine will live longer. I will tell you this,,the best one I have found costs less than a oil change on the mod..I will not use those foam filters around any air cleaner,,talk about a power robber when it gets a little dirty,,,,,These are just my opinions as I have tried this test for several years.
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Default r2c

i also had major problems with r2c this year had good luck with one first year this year cyl. was worn bad , never had had problem with k&n type had same block 6 years with out reboring but this one lasted 1