Cool need some help here with tire and stager and shocks

im new to modified raceing but not a rookie have 5 years of sprint raceing and 5 years of street stock now going into modified here is a little rundown on what i have here have a 08 GRT with metric front stub and a 4 link rear car is scaled out to grt spec. my local track is runing imca rules but we are alowed to run any 15x8 american racer or hossier im goint with american racer cause i already have some good tires in that brand and i like them cause thats what i ran on my street stock what i have here is 27.5x8 for right rear 26.5x8 for all the other 3 corners all med compoundthe track i will be runing is 1/2 mile semi banked but not flat when i was mounting the tires on rims i check stager from the 27.5 to the 26.5 and im winding up with around 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches of stager is this to much stager for this size track or should i set it up with 27.5 on all 4 corners or 27.5 on right side of car and 26.5 on left side or just keep the 27.5 on the right rear only and run 26.5 on the other 3 corners thanks to everyone who can help me out here raceing is starting in a month and need to know kinda quick and some shock info to my track slicks off most of the time and just trying to fig out what shocks i need to spend money on and we can only run steel body shocks i have my car set up like this LF 7.5 RF 7.5 LR 9.4 RR 9.4 THANKS AGAIN

Not experienced with American Racer tires, but I would go with the 27.5s in the front and RR. The reasoning behind this is that the taller tires in front will give you more contact patch and to avoid getting too much stagger in front, you'd have to run the 27.5 on the other side also (you might want to keep the front "stagger" around 1"). I used to run 26.5s in front, but it just seems like the taller tires are better, especially on slick. Also, if you rotate tires like I do, you can move a RR or RF that still has tread, but has lost it's outer edge to the LF, or elsewhere as needed.

As for stagger, I wouldn't be afraid of the stagger numbers you've given. Even on bigger tracks. Keep in mind that kind of ties in with other aspects of your set up (e.g., LR drop, bite, were the LR spring is mounted, etc). The car I drive likes 2 1/2" stagger for most sized tracks (clamped 4 bar car) . I've even run as much as 3 1/2". I keep a 26.5 and 27.5 ready for the LR depending on track conditions, and when I go to the tighter tracks. [It seems like I'm always lucky to get 1 to 1 1/2 stagger when I run a 27.5 LR.]

Shocks...that's a driver's feel thing, sometimes. The shocks you have will work. Alot guys with the 4-bar cars like a mild-to-aggressive stand-up on the LR (953 to 982) and a mild tie-down on the RF (735 to 738), depending on conditions, track speed, spring choices, etc.

Ultimately, use as much of what you have as you can to start, then adjust after you've gotten a feel for the car. Let that dictate your eventual tire and shock choices.

Good Luck.

That seems like a lot of stagger, especially for a 1/2 mile track. I would go no more than 2" on the rear. And around 1" on the front. Shock numbers are probably ok to start. Maybe find a higher compression shock for the LR when it slicks off.

Cool tires and gears

ye i know what ur saying there i will only be runing this track when i mounted the 26.5 and got that stager # i was like this is way to much for my home track its a long stright way with semi wide turns i know a sprint is not the same but when i raced sprint my front was the same all the time no stager just had stager in the rear and that was my plan with the mod on this track is to run around 1/2 to 1 inch in front and rear or a little more i havent spent andy money on tires yet but wanna make sure im not wasting it either so from what you guys have told me so far im ditchin the 26.5 cause i have 2 of them and they both give me way over 2inches of stager im thinking im just gonna run 27.5 on all 4 corners cause i can get up to pretty close to 1 to 1 1/2 inches of stager from them or should i go with all 26.5 i like keping all 4's on the ground when ur waveing to the in field with ur left front all ur doing is loseing time on your lap runs so what do you think with tire size im saying 27.5 on all 4 corners im runing a 358 rhat puts out close to 600hp and plan on runing a 4.86 ring gear in the rearend my engine turns easy 7,200 rpm all race long and would like to keep it the same in this mod or should i go to a 4.71 ring gear ideas are needed thanks again for takeing the time to help me out on this

I think the bigger tires in front are the way to go, but ultimately if you have 26.5s, you could try them, and then pick up 27.5s later if you feel like they are not working out. As for rear stagger, If you feel the need to run the big tires all the way around, start with what you suggested (all 27.5s) and if you think the car is too tight in the mid corner, you can try the smaller tire on the LR to help turn the car.

Gear wise, I'm not familiar with the track you're running, but I wouldn't be afraid to turn a few more RPM (unless you are running limited heads and a stock crank), especially when the track slows down later. But if those are your two gear options, then that's what you gotta run.

Also, these mods are a different beast than the street stocks, or sprints...so not everything set-up wise is going to translate quite the same. Don't be afraid to talk to the other drivers in your class at the track. Most of them will point you in the right direction. It might take a little time and some trial and error, but that's ok. Learning is half the fun.

Cool Gears and shocks

i can run any gears i want just came up with that gear from other forms that people ran 1/2 mile fair ground tracks and its pretty hard to ask someone at the track cause this is a new class they are bringing in this year most of the guys going into mods are moveing up from 4cyl and pure stocks and most prob. never even seen a floter rear i do know one guy i raced with in the hobby class got him self a old pavement car hes gonna have one hell of a time getting that thing to work i did help a super late model team out for a year going from track to track and know a good bit bout them thats why im doing all my homework first not like most of them just buying a roller and throw a engine in it and spend all year trying to get the car to work i got my car and picked out the best one i could find for a low cost payed $1800 for a un plumbed roller had a good rear with bsb bird cage spring sliders pullbar and complet front end with steel sleves all heims when i got it home i took the body off (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) pit out striped it down to bare chassie and redid everything from ground up fro GRT spec. pretty much only have a few more things to do then its going back on the scales im a good driver thats what people tell me i dont even know when my race is over and im not scared to sweep the clay off the wall with the right rear quarter im just asking anyone on here for info on what to do or what you guys think would be good to do thanks again

Angry tires and gears

lol not nice words geezzz i dont even rember typeing any NOT NICE WORDS but ohh well as you can see im not a good speller either or a typer but i get ur done and done did er

ya you can't type co ckpit with out a space in it. they have flagged the slang word for a unit.

ask blackford he knows all about it