Default Axle flange gasket?

I have a 9 inch rear end with the big ford (new style) ends. What axle flange gasket do I need? Part number? Part stores can't or won't look it up with out knowing what make and model it is for.... I can't find any info on the web for dimensions. I sure do miss the ma-and-pop part stores.... That knew parts... Thanks

A little silicone will do the trick.
    It'll be fine

There isnt a gasket used on that flange. The seal thats part of the bearing is the inner and outter seal for the axle. Make sure the retainer is not bent or it wont seal up correctly. I had good luck using the aftermarket retainers and I doubled them up and ran two on each axle. It gave great support and didnt bend and start to leak. Eric

There is a gasket... I took the rear end apart to weld my brackets on. It is in bad shape... That is why I want a new one to go back in it...

they do use a gasket... Randy's Ring and Pinion carry's them as well a John's 9" Factory and napa.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Before I switched to a floater rear end, I couldnt keep those "new style" bearings from coming apart. They just dont seem to handle the side load like the old tapered bearings did. They would blow the seals out the side of the bearings before they come apart, that was always my indicator that they were going. Got tired of oil on my brakes all the time and switched to a floater. You are gona want to run those inner axle seals in both tubes to help control the oil.

Dave.
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Quote Originally Posted by SRT17 View Post
    There is a gasket... I took the rear end apart to weld my brackets on. It is in bad shape... That is why I want a new one to go back in it...
    Are you using OEM axles and retainers? Maybe were not talking about the same gasket. Eric