Default richie lewis please read this...new spring rule..

I think thats a great move on the new tire rule.Here is another idea what about a spring and bump stop rule.I think you should outlaw stack springs,and bump stops this has not added nothing but complications and money to teams.If you do not have a track to practice on its nearly impossible to find the right combination. keep up the good work ...

how about a motor rule, or how about giving some of that money getting per tire from hoosier back to the racer
    Last edited by rcmaster; 03-01-2013 at 02:53 PM.

i thought this tire rule was to help racers? what a joke 6 tire choices, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by ga racer View Post
    i thought this tire rule was to help racers? what a joke 6 tire choices, lmao
    The 6 tire choices won't be for each race. It'll be like 3 maybe 4 at the most. In some cases it will be 2 or 1.

What about the fact the new tires are significantly more expensive ???

Quote Originally Posted by crownman25 View Post
    I think thats a great move on the new tire rule.Here is another idea what about a spring and bump stop rule.I think you should outlaw stack springs,and bump stops this has not added nothing but complications and money to teams.If you do not have a track to practice on its nearly impossible to find the right combination. keep up the good work ...
    Here's an idea if you can't afford it why are you racing an trying to compete with the Lucas guys. If it was easy an cheap everyone would be doing it. If you wanna be told what to run an how to run it get you a crate car or maybe race some iroc races. Why punish the guys that have tested an worked to get where there at?

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    what ain't expensive have you priced street tires lately

I think there are bigger cost issues in late model racing besides a $60 400lb 4" spring, lock out nuts, $20 bump stops, shims, and packers. Tires and engines (on the LM side) are getting outrageous, although whatever the correct answer is to getting everyone on the same page to resolve it is the 64k question.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    I've been told by several racers that tires cost around 150. Now these new Lucas tires will cost around 165....... supposedly.

With this new rule..... You only have to run a Lucas tire on RR up until atleast the Show-Me and more than likely after. The tires on the other 3 corners will be strictly enforced as to what compounds will be available to run.

So are the tires gonna be more? yes. Does it make sense to buy these tires if you are gonna run only one or two Lucas shows? Probably not. Teams have got a full year notice to get 100% onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by RayburnBaby View Post
    Here's an idea if you can't afford it why are you racing an trying to compete with the Lucas guys. If it was easy an cheap everyone would be doing it. If you wanna be told what to run an how to run it get you a crate car or maybe race some iroc races. Why punish the guys that have tested an worked to get where there at?
    rayburn baby you speak the truth not one of those traveling teams have a concerned about the price of a tire,fuel,gas,motors or nothing all they wanta do is race

Default A man has got to know his limitations

The Lucas Oil Series and WOO are the pinnacle of dirt racing. To compete on that level is very expensive.If you are a budget racer , these series are probably not for you. Concentrate on mastering your local track ,attract some sponsorship and the chase the big dogs. I'll relate it to you like this; If you are on a budget ,you eat at Steak and Shake ,not Ruth's Chris.

There are tracks you can practice at every weekend, all over the country. The last thing that needs to happen is for the dirt world to start playing Nascar and control every aspect of the car and team.This is a huge mistake. Rules usually cost money , not save money. If you make a rule ,the big money teams can afford to find a way around it. Then you have to spend more money to keep up with them.Look at crate racing; It was supposed to lower costs,but it did not. Big teams buy special headers,special trans and rears,polished gears,etc,etc,etc. Tires are probably the best place to cut costs, but even with that you have the treatment crap to deal with. There is no such thing as saving a racer money.I've been in racing for over 35 years and one thing is true; If a racer has $10,000 to spend he will spend $15,000. So forth and so on.

the big money teams usually get a break on tire price anyway.

No. The parts are cheap. Innovation should never be outlawed.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2