For Immediate Release
March 4th, 2013

Garrett Alberson Bags First Win of 2013 at Canyon Speedway Park

Las Cruces, New Mexico (03/04/13) - Garrett Alberson took his #43 Deetz Racing/Batteries Plus/Mastersbilt Super Late Model into battle over the weekend with the West Coast Shootout Super Late Models in the 6th Annual Copper On Dirt at Canyon Speedway Park (Peoria, Arizona) and came away with a $2,000 win to show for his efforts.

The weekend started on Friday night with a $1,200-to-win event, which drew a field of nineteen Super Late Models. A third place finish in his heat race locked him into the redraw for the feature, where he was the recipient of the second starting spot. Early in the feature he contended for the lead before slipping to a fourth place finish behind race winner, Don Shaw, Tony Toste, and Nick Bartels.

Saturday night found twenty-three Super Late Models register for battle in the $2,000-to-win WCS event. A second place finish in his heat race sent him to the redraw for the feature, where Garrett received the third starting spot on the grid. In the main event he quickly worked his way to the lead and never looked back on his way to his first career win with the series. He was followed across the finish line by Clay Daly, Anthony Madrid, Nick Bartels, and Tony Toste.

"I have to thank my family, my great car owners (the Deetz family), and all of my great sponsors for making this possible," noted an elated Alberson. "It's been a tough start to the year, but everybody has stood behind me. Hopefully this is the first of many wins for the season."
Full results from the event are available at www.WestCoastLateModels.com .

Alberson's invasion of the West continues on Wednesday night with a $2,000-to-win, West Coast Shootout event at the Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (Las Vegas, Nevada). On Friday and Saturday the team will enter a pair of events at White Sands Speedway (Tularosa, New Mexico). For more information on the events, please visit www.lvms.com/bullring/ and www.WhiteSandsSpeedway.com .

Garrett Alberson would like to thank all of his sponsors including Deetz Racing, Batteries Plus, Rio Grande Foot Clinic, Argyle Welding Supply Co., Wehrs Machine, J. Craig's Tile Company, Indy Screen Print, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Garrett Alberson please visit www.GarrettAlberson.com .