Default steering question

if i am running a sweet p/s pump with stock gear box , should i run a 2.1 howe quick steer also or would it be too twitchy on a 3200 lb comaro. thanks

I ran that same deal at one time. i thought it was way too fast. It was hard to be real smooth. It did make you feel like Superman at times though. If you must run a quickiner I would go with the 1.5 to one. I now like my steering on the slower side (within reason) it is soo much smoother and now that I have things sorted out i have no need for the fast steering. It is also hard to push a car with quick steering when the engine is not running. Hope that helped!

Your "Stock box" could be in the 14-16:1 ration depending on what it cam out of. Best case would be 12.7: 1 if you got lucky and you have the quickest boxes GM made.

If you had a 2:1 quickener you would likely be in the 7 or 8:1 range. I dont think that is too quick at all.
    I run my car at 6:1 and my car handles great. Its nice on a slick track when you working the wheel to keep the car under you. It also helps you "save it" much quicker. Eric

thanks alot guys ... very helpful information.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    12.7 box with 2-1 here, I like it just fine.
    Same here, on my Monte. I did start with the 1.5:1 on my Camaro when I moved to the SS class but now I like the 2:1 WAY MUCH BETTER!!!
    Last edited by DANNY; 03-15-2013 at 10:11 PM.
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««