Default Winner of crate race at lavonia found illegal

As per facebook news release 30 min ago

Quote Originally Posted by car23 View Post
    As per facebook news release 30 min ago
    ya parker hearing busted i would like to know whos built the engine and what seal were on it. i know if it was mine my name it would not be listed as competitor and my engine builder name would be posted too.

There was no cheating at all,just an honest mistake.
    We assembled that engine after the previous win and noticed that the gasket between the spacer and the manifold was not very good, there was no top gasket there. we didn't have the carb so I told Mike who was assembling the engine to install two new gaskets one under the spacer and one above it. When Craig got the engine in the car he removed the lift plate,saw the gasket was there,picked up the carb off the bench,opened the throttles to make sure there hadn't been anything dropped in the carb while it was on the bench and installed it on the engine not realizing the old gasket was stuck to the carb. anyone who thinks he was trying to cheat is smoking something,no racer would use an extra gasket because there checked for thickness at every race,you would have a 100% chance of being caught.
    If I had told Craig I had replaced the gasket on top of the spacer with a new one he would have known the old one was stuck to the carb. That mistake cost him a lot of money and you can bet he will count gaskets from now on. Bill

I would wait for a press release from FASTRAK on the exact cause(s) for disqualification, after the engine was disassembled. FASTRAK is usually very up front on exactly what was wrong under the bolts/seals, who built it, etc. But there is an appeal process in FASTRAK, so it may come after this process is complete.
    Steve Hendren
    Hendren Racing Engines
    1310 US HWY 221 North
    Rutherfordton, NC 28139
    (828)-286-0780

hendrenracing@gmail.com
    https://www.facebook.com/hendren.racingengines
    https://www.facebook.com/HendrenRacingEnginesInc
    Certified Engine Builder for: NeSmith, RUSH, SECA, RUSH Sportsman Modified Series.

Carnesville, Georgia - The competitor that won the FASTRAK portion of the Late Model Mania event from Lavonia Speedway was protested after the main event. The engine was sent to Gabriel’s Engine Builders a FASTRAK “authorized” engine rebuilder the following Monday. Both protested party, party that did the protesting and a FASTRAK Representative were invited for the tear down. After complete tear down, the engine was found to be illegal. In addition to non-GM factory parts of a 604 crate engine, the heads are also under suspicion and are being hand delivered to FASTRAK National Technical Inspector Brad Hibbard in Youngstown, Ohio. Regardless of the outcome of the head investigation, the engine is still found illegal. The heads are only being checked because if wrong, they will be confiscated and destroyed to get them off the market altogether and not on another competitors car.

this is what fastrack put on face book. looks to be more than some gasket if it was just a gasket they would of said that i was at thunder mountain when they tossed the winner for a spacer that was .002 to thick. but the way i read this is it was not all gm parts inside.and they suspect the head as well.

Quote Originally Posted by River Duck View Post
    There was no cheating at all,just an honest mistake.We assembled that engine after the previous win and noticed that the gasket between the spacer and the manifold was not very good, there was no top gasket there. we didn't have the carb so I told Mike who was assembling the engine to install two new gaskets one under the spacer and one above it. When Craig got the engine in the car he removed the lift plate,saw the gasket was there,picked up the carb off the bench,opened the throttles to make sure there hadn't been anything dropped in the carb while it was on the bench and installed it on the engine not realizing the old gasket was stuck to the carb. anyone who thinks he was trying to cheat is smoking something,no racer would use an extra gasket because there checked for thickness at every race,you would have a 100% chance of being caught.If I had told Craig I had replaced the gasket on top of the spacer with a new one he would have known the old one was stuck to the carb. That mistake cost him a lot of money and you can bet he will count gaskets from now on. Bill
    I think you are talking about 2 different races,The above comments is what happened to Davenport a couple of years back..This just happened Last sunday's race at lavonia..

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim 28 View Post
    I think you are talking about 2 different races,The above comments is what happened to Davenport a couple of years back..This just happened Last sunday's race at lavonia..
    I misread that earlier too, but after reading the FASTRAK press release it sounds like it goes much deeper and involves obvious intent to cheat on someones part. I don't know who owns the car, I'm pretty sure Parker doesn't, but sadly whether he knew the engine was wrong or not is irrelevant because unless he was deliberately deceived it was his responsibility to know the legal status of the car he was gonna drive. Same thing happened to David McCoy a few seasons back. Now it would seem Parker wont be running ANY FASTRAK events for 365 days.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells