Default DJ Myers Motorsports ready for 2013 with New & Old Sponsors

March 14, 2013

DJ Myers starts a new chapter; 70J team is excited and ready to race as they welcome new sponsor Honey Fly Farms on board for 2013…

Greencastle, Pennsylvania’s DJ Myers has turned the page and is ready to start the next chapter in his racing career. After several years of driving for Berryville, Virginia’s Greg Gunter, DJ will hit the speedways driving his own PPM Racing Products/Honey Fly Farms number 70J in 2013. The Black & White PPM Chassis will house powerplants out of the Hershey’s Racing Engines shop.

“It has certainly has been a busy off season” said the 36 year old. “I first want to thank Greg for the opportunity to drive his equipment the past few years. We won some races together and had a lot of success and I appreciate everything he did for me. I think we both felt it was time for a change and we are very excited to get this year started. We are planning to hit the bigger shows in the area and race when and where it makes the best economical sense for us. My Dad, Bob, Rodney, Todd, John, Jamie, Noah, Jr & Ron have worked real hard this off season. I can’t thank them enough. Our plan right now is to kick off our season March 23rd at Winchester” added Myers.

The team is also very excited to welcome Honey Fly Farms as a sponsor for the new season. Based in Greencastle PA, Honey Fly Farms was founded in 2010 by owner Kevin Lesher. Although a small company, Honey Fly Farms is big on quality and service. With a great understanding about bees and their job in the world, Honey Fly Farms knows the key to being able to offer a great product at an affordable price. For more information on Honey Fly Farms visit them on the web at www.honeyflyfarms.com or give them a call at (717)830-8078.

“To have Kevin and Honey Fly Farms come on board as a sponsor is just great” stated DJ. “Their help is invaluable to our team and we look forward to being able to reward them with some wins for all their help. I hope this is the start of a long relationship with their great company. Without Honey Fly Farms and the rest of my sponsors it would be impossible to race like we do. PPM Racing Product has been with me for a while and I love being able to race their cars. Curtis Hershey of Hershey Racing Engines has always supported me and I am so grateful for his help and friendship. I started running his engines in 1999 and we have been together ever since. I would never think of running anything but his power in my cars. Seems like forever since I have been in the seat and I am ready to get going. It has been a long winter and I appreciate my family for putting up with the long hours it takes to get the equipment ready. Amy and Jordan & Jaelynn are so much more than just my biggest fans. Being to race with them by my side makes it all that much better” added Myers.

Look for a new DJ Myers Motorsports Facebook page coming soon where you can keep up to date on all the news and results with 70J team.

DJ Myers Motorsports would like to thanks all of their 2013 Marketing Partners:
    PPM Racing Products, Honey Fly Farms, Hershey’s Racing Engines, Myers Construction, K.R.S. Graphics, Walls Wallpapering & Painting, NAPA of Greencastle along with product sponsorship from ATI Super Damper. Baker Carburetion, Beyea Custom Headers, C-Line Products, Callies Performance Products, Cometic Gaskets, CP Pistons, CV Products, Dyers Top Rods, Falcon Racing Transmissions, Fast Shafts, HTMA, ISKY Cams, Ohlins, PBM Products, SignDesign/Bill Funk, Total Seal Piston Rings, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Winters Performance and Wix Filters.

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media

Looking forward to seeing D. J. in action this season in his "Honey" of a late model.