Default LR Brake Floater

i was wondering if it matters where the floater is mounted at, by that i mean indexing. currently it is indexed toward the rear of the car because of clearence issues with the birdcage.If i mounted it straight over the axle or slightly forward of the axle centerline would it create more leverage and help keep the LR loaded as i brake into the corner. also could i just lock it to my birdcage which is indexed slightly to the front of the axle or would i have problems. a couple people i have talked to have said that if i lock it to the birdcage it will cause a binding issue.I dont see how it would bind

if you move it forward like that it could under braking flip the brake cal to the front side of the rear end .

Mine and most I have seen are set up so the arm is at about 1 or 2 oclock and the caliper is at about 4 or 5 oclock

Quote Originally Posted by dirttrackrocker View Post
    Mine and most I have seen are set up so the arm is at about 1 or 2 oclock and the caliper is at about 4 or 5 oclock
    Thats how mine is set up right now , arm is @ 2 oclock and caliper is 5.......... problem is I cant keep the left rear loaded brakng into the corner and im not coming off the throttle completly so when I apply the brakes it should never let the left side come down ,but it does.

What angle is your bar at?

20 degrees im in the top hole on the floater

A high compression shock with high gas pressure will help keep the car up if you not already using one. Are you running a dampner shock or a brake biscuit on pull bar? I know a shock man that can fix you up on that shock if you need one.

I run bsb 25 series slick shocks on the car think the current valving is 10 rebound 60 compression..... I dont run a dampner shock cause I float the right side brakes to. So no brake force is actually going threw the pullbar

10 rebound and 60 compression? Talk to Jay or Delbert and see if they can help you out or have some ideas.
    Last edited by washeduptoo; 03-18-2013 at 06:30 PM.