March 19, 2013

Tyler Hershey slated to kick-off season at Winchester this Saturday. Excited and ready to get 2013 started…

The only thing keeping Tyler Hershey on the sidelines so far this season has been the weatherman. The team had hoped to be able to shake down their Mastersbilt Gen H car this past Saturday but when inclement weather intervened, the team was forced to scrap their test plans. Instead, Hershey Racing will head into their season opener with great confidence after ending last season with a very competitive program. Look for the team to tackle a schedule this year that will see the Black/White/Red #74 compete at speedways across the Mid-Atlantic Region, racing when and where it makes the best economical sense. Plans are for the team to kick-off their 2013 season this Saturday by heading south to Winchester Speedway where they will compete in the $2,500 to win season opener at the Virginia 3/8 mile speedway. After that, the team plans to attend the opening weekend of the 2013 Three State Flyer Series which opens with a back-to-back Winchester/Hagerstown Double on March 29th and 30th.

“Man this weather can be depressing” said Tyler with a laugh. “I was really looking forward to shaking down the car and doing a little testing this past weekend. We made our annual trip as spectators down to East Bay for the Winter Nationals in February and I have been so ready to get behind the wheel ever since we got back. My team has worked really hard getting the car ready this winter. Austin and Cameron jumped in and helped Dad, Pap & my uncle get the equipment ready as soon as the car came back from Mastersbilt and I appreciate everyone’s help so much. My cousin is going to be racing a crate late model this year, so there is a second car racing out of the same shop. To say it has been a busy off season is an understatement” added Hershey.

The family owned team gets much appreciated help from Hershey’s Racing Engines, JWP Environmental, Inc & Ramsey’s Septic Service as well as some great product sponsors. The team also gets great technical support from car builder Huey Wilcoxon and staff. Plans right now are to follow the Three State Flyer schedule with regional races mixed in, including the Appalachian Mountain Speedweek.

“It’s been great having such support from Huey and Billy” stated Hershey when contacted Saturday at the team’s race shop. “I have learned so much from just watching how they prepare things. Huey builds a car that is so easy to drive and adjust on that I feel we will have our best year in a long time. This whole team including some of our sponsors are family and I’m really so grateful for everything they do. My mom and dad put everything they possibly can into the team and really provide me with great equipment. It is my turn to reward everyone for all their time and hard work with some great finishes on the track. As long as the funds hold up we plan on hitting most of the Three State races and I would like to run all of Speedweek for the first time so hopefully we can start off good and just keep rolling” added Tyler.

Look for big things in 2013 from Tyler Hershey. Not only is a big year on the horizon when it comes to racing , the 22 year old college student is in the process of launching his own company. Blue Fish Marketing and Business, established earlier this year, is a consulting, advising, and service firm focusing on designing, structuring and executing marketing campaigns for clients. In providing quality and innovative insights to their clients marketing, Blue Fish can custom tailor a variety of marketing plans, web development initiatives, and social media strategies to any type of organization or company. This unique blend of consulting, advising, and performing services provides Blue Fish clients with innovative insights and fast market responsiveness. For more information, check them out on the web at www.bluefishllc.com .

Keep up to date with all of Tyler’s racing news on his official web site at www.tylerhershey.com. You can also find Tyler on Facebook & Twitter.

Tyler Hershey Racing would like to thank all the team’s sponsors for their continued support:
Hershey’s Racing Engines, JWP Environmental, Inc., ALH Bookkeeping & Business Services, Blue Fish Marketing, KRS Graphics, MBH Race Cars, Ramsey’s Septic Service, Fred Design with associate help from 340 Defense, Keizer Wheels, VP Racing Fuels, Hooker Harness, HTMA, The Brake Man, Schaeffer Racing Oil, Bell Helmets, & SignDesign/Bill Funk.

Upcoming Races: Tentative, Subject to change without notice
March 23rd – Winchester Speedway
March 29th – Winchester Speedway – Three State Flyer
March 30th – Hagerstown Speedway – Three State Flyer
April 5th – Williams Grove Speedway
April 6th – Winchester Speedway
April 13th – Winchester Speedway
April 20th – Hagerstown Speedway – Lucas Oil

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media