Thread: Header Bolts...

Default Header Bolts...

Having an issue with header bolts backing out and falling out completely. Never had this before and all of a sudden cant run a heat without them backing out.

Has anyone had this what did you do?

Thinking about using lock washers...
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Put them in clean oil free bolt holes with red silicone on the bolts and flange and don't use a gasket. Make sure you have hangers on the collectors.

REALLY?!?!? No gasket, just the red Fel Pro RTV? Friend of mine said same thing I was like WTF... Ill give it a shot. Do you put it on pretty heavy or just coat it?
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Cool

We have always ran red rtv. Put it on the header, pretty thin, let it set up for a few minutes, then put a dab on each bolt on the thread of the bolt, not much and thread them all the way tight and you should be good to go.

That should do the trick...We have found that using header studs with nuts do not have the tendency to back off like header bolts...You could also do the PITA way and drill them and safety wire them...

Default Stage 8 Locking Fasteners

just run Stage 8 Locking fasteners.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...rcle-track/yes

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY View Post
    REALLY?!?!? No gasket, just the red Fel Pro RTV? Friend of mine said same thing I was like WTF... Ill give it a shot. Do you put it on pretty heavy or just coat it?
    Yep. Don't use grey because it will not hold up. It actually bakes the grey and then it blows out and causes a leak.

Right Stuff sealer works good too, not cheap though.

I use garlock sometimes called surelock washers they won't come loose , they look like sawtooths , they are the same size O.D as the header bolt use two per header bolt they are relly thin , they can't come loose as they have to spread the bolt slightly to come off.
    lawson Products and Fasenal sells them