Default Turning tires????

Is it good or bad to run a tire a few nights then flop it outside to inside....pros cons?

I do it all the time.Run with serial numbers towards infield first on Hoosiers.

Hoosier with serial numbers facing the infield never flip flop get a grooving iron and just shave the edges after 3 to 4 races to put new edges on the tire get 2 more races then pitch them this is max use to me. A hoosier rep explained it to me in a tire test that flipping them increase the chance of breaking the cords by working the tire the other way after running it with serial numbers pointed to the infield and he proved it to me with dismounted 4 tires for the tire test and showed me 3 or the 4 we had already had broken cords and we were running them that way. So personal choice but I would not flip flop.

Quote Originally Posted by lovinlatemodels View Post
    Hoosier with serial numbers facing the infield never flip flop get a grooving iron and just shave the edges after 3 to 4 races to put new edges on the tire get 2 more races then pitch them this is max use to me. A hoosier rep explained it to me in a tire test that flipping them increase the chance of breaking the cords by working the tire the other way after running it with serial numbers pointed to the infield and he proved it to me with dismounted 4 tires for the tire test and showed me 3 or the 4 we had already had broken cords and we were running them that way. So personal choice but I would not flip flop.
    I was told by Hoosier tech, through email that run them serial no. In for the first show then after that flip all you want. The tire still goes through accel and decel loadings, along with lateral loadings so no real difference on durability.

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated.

I have had good results flipping American Racers 56's but the Hoosier lm20 30 and 40 it didn't seem to help.

After the blocks start wearing on one side, we always flip ours over, and never have any problems with them. we always start with the code towards the infield also!