Default What shocks do you prefer?

I have to buy shocks for my metric car to replace the junk that was on it when I bought it.

I'm leaning towards Bilstein or QA-1's... the Bilsteins came highly recommended by a racer who has won a hell of a lot more races than I ever have and the QA-1's can be rebuilt by a local shop. I can buy AFCO's nearly everywhere and they are a little cheaper... I need a stock mount shock.

Your opinions?
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    I have to buy shocks for my metric car to replace the junk that was on it when I bought it. I'm leaning towards Bilstein or QA-1's... the Bilsteins came highly recommended by a racer who has won a hell of a lot more races than I ever have and the QA-1's can be rebuilt by a local shop. I can buy AFCO's nearly everywhere and they are a little cheaper... I need a stock mount shock. Your opinions?
    We switched to QA-1's this year and I really like them. Granted we've only had one practice but noticed a difference from last years AFCO's. I really don't think you can go wrong in your choices of the Bilstiens or QA's.
    "Nobody remembers who finished second but the guy who finished second." - Bobby Unser

I would run the QA1's because of the convenience of being able to keep them serviced by the local shop. Makes a big difference keeping the oil fresh in them. Been running them for 10 yrs with no issues.

Bilsteins are the best..next would be Integra and QA1 ..AFCO and Pro are junk compared to the previous mentioned shocks!

I've ran QA1 shocks since 2008 and never had one to fail. I think they're great shocks ! JMO

I run Bilstein SZ series shocks on my street stock. Never had an issue with them, they perform VERY well, and a lot of shock rebuilders in the area are capable of the regular maintenance on them.
    #72W U.M.P Stock Car

BSB has some nice stock mount shocks as well.

Thanks to all...
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ToddSmith16 View Post
    Bilsteins are the best..next would be Integra and QA1 ..AFCO and Pro are junk compared to the previous mentioned shocks!
    I would agree with that. Bilstein SZ Digressive valve shocks is what I ran on our car.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Racer96m View Post
    I would agree with that. Bilstein SZ Digressive valve shocks is what I ran on our car.

Dave
    I guess I'm going to buy the Bilsteins... so what numbers will work the best on my 3300 lb. beater? I'm thinking I'll buy four plus one "tie down" for the LR... gotta be stock mounts BTW.
    Last edited by Krooser; 04-10-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    Class of 2019

Hey guys im looking for the best place to get the QA1 shocks for metric car,someplace that has options switching from the bilsteins,not that any thing is wrong with the bill's just wanting a different feel in the car,thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by racer21 View Post
    Hey guys im looking for the best place to get the QA1 shocks for metric car,someplace that has options switching from the bilsteins,not that any thing is wrong with the bill's just wanting a different feel in the car,thanks in advance
    im a qa1 dealer if u want to msg me the part number on the ones your wanting I can get u a price