For Immediate Release
April 3, 2013

Gunner Kerr set to make late model debut on Saturday, April 13th.

Over the past couple of years, the name Kerr has gone hand in hand with the word excitement at Virginia’s Winchester Speedway. It’s time to double the excitement as this season; 18 year old Gunner Kerr will be joining his brother Tanner wheeling a Late Model around the fast 3/8 mile speedway. Plans are for the team to debut a Sabine Heating & Air Conditioning owned Rocket Chassis next Saturday, April 13th. There will be a Chevrolet crate motor housed in the Black & Blue #30, as the team plans to run all the Crate shows at Winchester in the newly formed division. When the Crate division is off, look for Gunner and the team to compete with the Limited Late Models. The team plans to give Kerr seat time at Winchester for the most part but don’t be surprised if the they travels a little towards the end of the year as Natural Bridge Speedway has always been a favorite of the Kerr family.

“This is just a dream come true” said Gunner. “I grew up racing with Tanner in the quarter midgets, but when Dad passed away in 2009 it was not the same. Last year I did not drive anything and concentrated on helping Tanner with his late Model program and it really gave me the itch to race again. I really can’t thank the Sabine’s enough for believing in me and giving me this opportunity. The support I have gotten from our sponsors is really humbling and of course without the help and support from Tanner and Mom, none of this would be happening” added Kerr.

“I know when I roll out onto the speedway for the first time it will be a little emotional” stated Kerr. My Dad’s dream was to move out of the Quarter Midgets and into a Late Model Class and it will be great to see that fulfilled. I love helping my brother and it will be even more fun to race with him as I know Dad will be watching over both of us this season. I just want to go out an honor him the best I can. He worked so hard so I could race growing up and now I see parts of him in myself every day. I’m who I am because of him. I also will race with a heavy heart for Hunter (Crane). We were good friends and there is not a day that I do not think of him. Hunter was an outstanding driver with a big future ahead of him and if I turn out half as good as Tanner & Hunter, I will be very happy” added Gunner.

Gunner Kerr would like to thank all the team’s sponsors:
Sabine Heating & Air Conditioning, Penske Racing Shocks by JDS, Jim Stutzman Chevrolet & Cadillac Schaeffer Racing Oil by Alan Bradley, Shearer Custom Speed, Leggett Engine Research, Boyce Racing Supplies, Leggett Engine Research, Coffelt Graphics, Rocket Chassis, HTMA, Poske’s, PPM race Products, Bernheisel race Components, Sunoco by D&D,& K.R.S. Motorsports Media.

Upcoming Races:
April 13th – Winchester Speedway
April 20th – Winchester Speedway – Penske Race Shocks Night

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media