Default rear brake rotor choice

i was wondering if scalloped rotors, and drilled rotors will hold up under a 3000 lb stock car. ive always just ran the cheap 25-30 dollar ones and im looking to upgrade, and save a little on weight.

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    i was wondering if scalloped rotors, and drilled rotors will hold up under a 3000 lb stock car. ive always just ran the cheap 25-30 dollar ones and im looking to upgrade, and save a little on weight.
    Depends on if your are in IMCA or UMP land, as I think scalloped are not allowed in either sanction. We've always ran the regular non scalloped rotors, but have the Hawk Black racing pads. That combo works really well for us. I doubt you will get any weight savings that will be noticeable when your scaling out the car either.
    "Nobody remembers who finished second but the guy who finished second." - Bobby Unser

Thank you for the reply. ive checked my track rules and they say nothing against scalloped rotors, the Main thing I was looking at doing was cutting down on rotating weight.

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    Thank you for the reply. ive checked my track rules and they say nothing against scalloped rotors, the Main thing I was looking at doing was cutting down on rotating weight.
    We ran them for a season, and took them off because they were blue from heat and noticed many heat cracks in them, one of which was all the way through allowing a piece to break right off.

We won't be running them again, think they're ment for lighter cars

Quote Originally Posted by hogracer3d View Post
    We ran them for a season, and took them off because they were blue from heat and noticed many heat cracks in them, one of which was all the way through allowing a piece to break right off.

We won't be running them again, think they're ment for lighter cars

thanx for the reply hogracer3d, how many races would you say that you had on them? i usually only get in about 10 shows per year.

Even on the late models, we inspected the scalloped rotors after every race. They do crack and break