Thread: 2" belts

Default 2" belts

I was just talking to Impact Racing and they said nascar is allowing them and drivers are using them, and that they feel they are safe for use in dirt racing . What are others thoughts on this?

They are made to work with a head and neck restraint so that they dont slip off the device like a 3" belt can. I would go for it if you have a HANS type device.

Take a look at the crow dog bone belts. Fit the Hans very well. Been using them for over 2 years and no problems at all, great belts.

Default belts

Quote Originally Posted by charcoal01 View Post
    Take a look at the crow dog bone belts. Fit the Hans very well. Been using them for over 2 years and no problems at all, great belts.
    X2 I love my Impact Dog-bones. they fit the Hans nice, and no one will give you crap about it not being a 3" belt, because it is, just folded over and sewn. Sweet idea.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Default WHOA!!! Let's Be Careful Here

Let's make sure that we're talking about only 2" in the belt area where it goes over the HANS. Every where else it should be 3 inches. Why? you ask? Simple. It will spread the load over a greater area of the body. Think of it this way. Imagine what would happen if piano wire were used. Nice clean slicing of the body parts.

in wissota we can use them only if they are used with a hans type device. i would not use them by themselves. 3' belts can "dump" off of a hans device, had it happen and let me tell ya the edge of that belt diggen into ya hurts!!!( and no, i dont run with my belts loose,)